1. Eli

January 21st, 2011, Thursday
7:39 PM

Mall of Miami, Sonic Boom

   When my Father first bought the store, I wouldn't say I liked it... or maybe I was influenced by the fights that Mom and Dad got in because of it. Dad bought it on a whim without consulting Mom. That's one of the first fights I remember them having before the divorce. Now that I am older and started working with him, I enjoyed our time together.

   Dad and I haven't been as close lately. He started drinking again at the end of my junior year, and it has gotten really bad. He picked up a horrible gambling habit. It's good that I have a lot of savings to bail him out of his situation.

   It is stressful that I have to do everything alone with no help. Dad and I have had a couple of fights about me wanting to hire help. I think he is still just hoping that Ally will return from New York and help out. It was hard to separate the idea of Dad starting to drink because Ally went to live with Mom, but it happened the month after. I knew he loved me... but I also knew that Ally was his favorite.

   I don't have as much of a passion for music as Ally. I do write songs now and then. I have more of a passion for writing. I have kept journals since I was able to write. I have about 20 since I write every day.

   I was off daydreaming about being in New York with Mom and Ally, and then I was jolted by a loud banging sound.

   "Hey-Hey-Hey!" I ran over to the blonde boy banging on the drums, "Can you guys read? Where did you get these?" I asked, confused after snatching the drumsticks. I have to admit that he is an amazing drummer, but he would have to pay for them. That's when I got a good look at them. "Corn dogs?"

   "Corn Dogs!" He smiled, and he shook my hand like we never met. I turned up my nose, trying to shake the grease off my hands.

   "Here," The boy grabbed my hands and wiped them off his shirt.

   "Come on, man, we are trying to make a music video," Dezmond complained like I was ruining the shot.

   "Oh really..."

   "Yeah, dude, he is going to be the next big thing, like Justin Bieber,"

   "We are going to post it on YouTube. The video should give a good influx of my fans to come to the store." Austin explained I didn't even know he had a YouTube channel. "It's not a big deal," he said 'nonchalantly' bragging. Is there a thing I have to sign? Are you Mr. Boom?"

   "I am Ellison Dawson... we are in 3rd and 6th period together," I crossed my arms, rolling my eyes when Dez and Austin chuckled at 'period.'

   What is the song about?" I ask skeptically.

   "We don't exactly, sort of, at all have a song yet," Austin said after briefly sharing glances with Dez.