1.𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒂𝒅 𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔

ℝ𝕐𝕃𝔼'𝕊 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

This is the sixth drink you are having. Enough man!" My co-worker Stephan uttered and stopped the bartender from pouring the next drink.

"Pour it, I say" I kept my calm, as I didn't want to create a chaos in the middle of the bar. The bartender slowly served the drink towards me.

"I said you won't drink" And with that he tossed my drink. I was almost at the edge of losing my calm. "Stephan, please, don't make a scene." My blood boiled at his actions.

"You are drinking excess Ryle." I glanced at him, worry was reflecting his eyes. "What has happened to you? You weren't like this!" He said. I was emotionally exhausted, after everything that had happened last week.I didn't have that urge to argue.

I paid for the drinks and walked towards the door, Stephan was calling out my name behind me. The disco lights and alcohol invaded my vision, I bumped into someone. "Holy shit! I am so sorry" the figure standing infront of me said in a shrill pitched voice.

By her tone, I could understand she was a girl. Fresh scent of roses floated at the tip of my nose as I held are by her waist.I steadied her as quick as possible,when I realized the position I was in and made my way past her.

I didn't bother to reply, eventhough I should have. Stephan had caught up to me, he held me, as I was going to fall.

"I will drop you home." I was going to deny at first, but it wasn't safe for me to go back home all alone, in a drunken state. So, I agreed.
.
.
I sanked onto the floor as soon as I closed my appartment door. I really need to change this appartment. The emotions, memories, traumas this place gave me was driving me insane.

This place which once felt like home, feels nothing alike now. Tears stinged my eyes, as last week's memory came clear in my mind.

"How dare you raise your hands on her?" Lily questioned me as Emerson cried at her loudest.
"I swear on Emmy, Lily I could never raise my hands on her"
"Then why the fuck is she crying?" A tear left Lily's and rolled down on her cheek.
"I was in the bathroom when, she got hurt while playing"
"Oh yeah! I don't believe you"
"Lily I swear please, I could never hurt Emmy, I will kill myself, if I hurt her"
"I don't fucking believe you."
She took Emmy and made her way to the door, when she stopped and turned around. Anger was visible in her eyes.
"From today onwards you are not allowed be near Emerson"
"Lily...Lily please wait listen..."
I couldn't finish my sentence when Lily left the apartment."
.
.
.
My phone rang, waking me up from my sleep. Apparently, I had slept on the floor last night after arriving home.

My phone buzzed, pulling me out of my thoughts and the hangover.

Me: "Hello"

Mr.Brown: "Hi, Ryle it's me David"

Me: "Good Morning Sir, anything important ?"

Mr.Brown: "Well, there is something I need to tell you, a junior doctor is joining under you, I will introduce her once your shift starts.

Me: "A junior doctor?!"
I was quite shocked.

Mr.Brown: "You don't have a problem right? You shouldn't have"

Me: "No sir not at all."
Well, I couldn't say no but I wanted to.

Mr.Brown: "Ok see you then, bye"

Me: "Yeah, bye"

After, disconnecting the call I got up from the floor and went straight to away to the bathroom. God, Stephan was right! I shouldn't have drank so much. The hangover is killing me.

I needed to take a shower, I opened my shirt and was going to put in the laundry, when something caught my eye. I flipped it back, to see a drop dead red-coloured lipstick stain. What the fuck! How the fuck did it appear here? I panicked and tried to recall last night.
.
Stephan and I at the bar.
.
Drinks
.
Trauma
.
When, I suddenly remembered last night bumping into a lady. That's why the stain is here. I kind of felt relieved, as I was thinking of sleeping with someone while not remembering a single thing.
.
.
.
I got out of the appartment and made my way to the elevator. I checked the messages and emails when someone interrupted me, Allysa.

"Hi Ryle"

"Hi Allysa"

"Going to hospital I guess?"

"Yeah"
I really didn't want to talk to her. There was no point of taking with her, she wouldn't believe me,even if I tell the truth. I rarely had conversations these days with her.

"Hmm, could come home tonight for dinner. It's been a long time, since we..."

I cut of her at mid-sentence and replied as fast as possible, as my elevator arrived.

"I will come"

I got into the elevator and reached parking lot. It was 9:00, when I reached to my car. It would probably take me 15 minutes.
.
.
.
"Good morning Dr.Ryle"
A nurse greeted as I walked into my cabin..

"Good Morning"
I stepped inside my cabin, kept my belongings and went to the changing room.

"Woo, Mr Kincaid is having no hangover after last night? I am surprised"
Stephan mocked me, as I washed my hands in the basin.

I glared a him, he knew that he should shut up now. And, so he did.

"Well, excited about your new junior?"

"Not at all!"
I exclaimed, when the others looked at us.

"Come on buddy, not everyone is the same"
He patted my back as he said laughing at my face.

Yeah the last time, I had a junior, he was the worst. I am now a little terrified of juniors.
.
.

I wore my scrubs and got out, I was heading towards Mr.Brown's office. When I bumped into someone.

Again! Again I bumped with someone. What is this a bumping season?

Who was the person? Was it really a bumping season? To know the answer, follow us and get to know the story. Thank you for choosing our fan-fiction. Do vote and comment your opinions and thoughts, we would love to read it.

-Lots of love from Authors