2.𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒋𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈

𝕃𝔸𝕍𝔼ℕ𝔻𝔼ℝ'𝕊 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

It's 8:00 am in the morning, and my shitty yawning can't stop. My phone buzzed! Man who the hell is calling so early, I reluctantly had to pick up the call.

Me: "Hello"

Unknown: "Good Morning, am I speaking to Miss Crawford?"

I said yes yawning, when I realized what I was doing.

Me: "Yes, yes who's this?" I spoke frantically.

Unknown: "I am speaking from Massachusetts private hospital, Mr Brown had instructed me to inform you this that you are joining from today under Dr. Ryle Kincaid and other details have been mailed to you last week."

I got up from my bed, half of my body exposed and glowing in the light. I froze in my spot, when she finished. I steadied myself quickly as much possible and replied.

Me:" When do I need to reach?"

Unknown: "At 9:15"

Me: "Oh okay thanks"

Unknown: "Your welcome have a good day!"
And she disconnected my call. Good day my ass.

I went to the kitchen, to fetch some cold water. As I started drinking, I looked at the wall clock,it was 8:35.

Forget about the water Lavender, right now you need to rush. I ran to my bedroom and got ready in 5 minutes. The duration of my ride to the hospital was of 30-40 minutes, but if traffic was there, it could take an hour.
.
I was already rushing and was going to go out, to my car when my doorbell rang. Fuck! Can this day get any worse?

I opened the door to find my neighbour, Rajib. Okay! Now I need to face this piece of shit.

"Hello! Miss Crawford"

"Hi!"
I was in a hurry, but why would this man care? He has a task of disturbing people. Apparently, this man Rajib is an sixty year old fat shit, who has no joy in his life and wants to take away mine too.

"Mr. Sharma could you please tell fast what you have to tell, I am getting late!"

"So last week you had a boy who dropped at home."
Seriously, he was here to ask this! Fucking this? Here, I was running let and he was here to ask about a boy, who had just dropped me off home. Like what the fuck?

"Seriously, you're here to ask about this?"
I said firmly as I closed the door.

"It's not good to..."

"I am sorry but I am not available for this conversation."
And I walked towards my car, no actually I ran to my car.

"Geez, this man has got no chill in his ass!"
I said.

Maybe I said that too loud, because when I sat in the car, I could see the man raging like a mad bull. But, who cares I need to rush right now or else I am not welcomed there anymore!

I sped off!
.
.
It was already 9:15 when I reached the parking lot. Lord! I am busted today. I got out of my car, parked it and made my way inside the hospital. It's okay Lavender, don't stress nothing will happen.

But, there was something which I ignored till now, but now it was poking me. Could this be the same Ryle Kincaid? The Ryle Kincaid who I had a crush on? Or maybe still now?

I was thinking all this when I bumped into someone. Holy fucking shit! What did I bump into a stack of bricks, but I felt a same kind of rush in my body. Just like how I felt last night, when I crash landed on someone. Was it the same person.