XI

Alexandre 

She was here under my roof. Her presence was a comfort I was deprived of. I watch her from my balcony playing in the grass with her new dog, Arthur. 

It was not surprising I suppose, that she would ask for something of such vitality rather than a handbag or a dress.

It was so like her. I see her smile and laugh as the dog barks, his tongue wagging as he runs after the ball.

My eyes trail her frame, her hair is straightened, dark, and, flowing to her mid-back. Her slim figure was dressed in a long white dress. The dress cut into a v-line that showed off the sides of her breasts. I clear my throat and look away.

She is just so beautiful. She creates beauty everywhere she goes.

She's such an angel.

This morning she woke up early and made breakfast for us both, her smile bright and palpable. 

It's Sunday so I decided to take off to spend it with her. Every moment with her I cherish, she'd never know it however with my stony attitude with her.

"Why the frown?" She'd laugh.

"Malèna!" I call out.

She stops and looks up at me, her hand moving to shade her face from the sun.

"Come in, I must speak with you."

She nods and calls Arthur to come in.

I head downstairs in a white tank top and black sleeping pants.

She waits for me in the kitchen and I step in, my eyes greedily drinking her in. The sun illuminates her as I admire.

"Sit down."

She looks at me as I step around the table.

"I've enrolled you into the Academy of Dance."

She smiles brightly.

I look away something weighing on my mind.

"How is your education?"

She blinks blankly at me.

"Sorry."

I turn around the table 

"Did you finish high school?"

She looks at me irate "yes, and I speak English and French fluently."

"Okay..." I answer.

"So would you like to receive a degree in academics?"

She raises a brow, "you would send me to university?"

I nod. "It's 1990, women can go to university no?" I laugh.

She rolls her eyes, "wow, I can not believe how much money you are spending on me." She retorts.

"Think of it like a gift, you're signing a prenup anyway."