XII

Alexandre

Alexandre

"Julien kill him, do your job!"

"oh I will, but you better take care of the shipment."

I sigh heavily smalling the phone down.

I hated this fucking family business.

If I had my way, I'd take my wife and live in a nice estate where I could do engineering experiments.

Malèna.

She has not looked me in the eye since the dinner yesterday.

It was after the talk with my sister. My sister is not picking up her phone either.

My chest has an ache that troubles me.

Something is wrong.

What did she tell her.

I knocked on Malèna's door but she did not answer.

'Sleeping'.

or wanting to avoid me.

When they left she trudged up the stairs, barefoot and exhausted without saying a word. She went to her room and did not even wish me goodnight.

I went to sleep with a cold bed and a worried heart.

My heart calls for this woman. Beats for her.

She's the one.

I knew when I saw her come down those stairs. 

It was like that stupid prom we had when I was in high school.

That moment I never had, when the love of your life walks down those stairs and you wait for her with a racing heart.

Then you tell her father you'll take care of her and bring her home before ten.

But she's not my prom date, she's my future wife.

She's exceptional, she creates joy everywhere she goes, even my very hard to please family loved her. Her aura cleanses you, even with all the blood staining my hands.

Such a sinful man like me needs an angel like her to heal him. 

She's my guardian angel.

I knew.

I had fallen for her.

I don't know her well.

Watched her for two weeks, and lived with her for two days. 

This is different, she brings such happiness to this dull world. She's carefree, with a good heart and pure intentions. She's a dove. You rarely meet people like that, actual good people.

I look out my window in thought. My work office revealing the gem of Paris below. 

She's my idol I guess, She's the human I've always wanted to be. I'm going to hell for the things I've done, but there was a me before my father put the gun in my hand. The me who wanted to be devoted to God, and to heaven. To be someone like her.