Chapter 1: The Beach

The sun was close to setting and there was still many people laying on the beach. The light breeze flew softly through [Names] hair. [Name] was ordering a drink at a small food cart run by a old Mexican man who couldn't speak much English but grew quite found of [Name] over the summer.

"Have great day [Name]." He said with a great thick accent. [Name] smiled and nodded before waving at him and walking down the Sandy beach to where [Name] placed their towel. As [Name] sipped on their drink while looking at the ocean slowly moving, unbothered.

A big THUNK was felt in the back of their head  making them turn around almost furiously. "Sorry!" Someone blurted making [Name] move their head to the noise.

There stood a 5'6 guy with golden tan skin and nice and long black curls. He almost had a puppy look to his face as he lightly jogged over to [Names] towel.

"Sorry about that me and brother were just messing around I didn't mean to hit you." He said as [Name] picked up the soccer ball and handed it to him

"It's fine." [Name] the turned back around and sat back down enjoying the rest of their summer day watching the ocean. The sun was soon completely under the horizon and [Name] was on their way back to their car caring all their stuff fumbling with it a bit as little things fell out making them bend to pick it up making other things fall.

As they got closer to their car, their towel fell and right before they had the chance to grab it a hand grabbed it. [Names] eyes widened before looking up and seeing the same guy from before that hit them with a soccer ball.

"Thanks..." they said before turning and getting into their car. While the boy had a small smile on his face his brown eyes shimmered with what little light was in the sky as he watched their car pull out of the parking lot of the beach.

The sun set as both grew farther and farther. "Iñaki! What are you doing? I was looking for you for five minutes." Iñakis brother said coming from behind him snapping him out of his trance.

"Oh nothing I was just...nothing never mind we should go home it's getting dark now." Iñaki said wrapping his arm around his brothers arm and walking the both of them home

The sun completely sun over the horizon and both Iñaki and [Name] found it hard to fall asleep. Iñaki's mind racing at a million miles a minute while [Name] just couldn't be comfortable, every position didn't feel right.

[Name] checked the clock and sighed as it read 2:00am. Rolling their eyes the walked into the living room which was mostly empty since in two days they had to move into their dorm. They clicked the remote turning the TV on, nothing good was on.

Rolling their eyes yet again they turned their phone on just mindlessly scrolling. Next thing they knew 2:00am turned to 4:00am then 7:00am. As they realized the time they rushed to get ready since they were hosting a school tour at the college the worker so hard to get into, SMU.

As they basically rushed out the door they almost forgot to lock the door. After making sure everything was okay they rushed to SMU since the tour was starting in five minutes and with the traffic how it is normally it was safe to assume it would take longer then five minutes

The pulled into the parking lot seeing the already formed group of kids that got their earlier. [Name] kept their head down as they sneaked into the group.

The tour guide smiled as she started to show everyone each parts of the campus and dining hall and of course the dorms where every freshman have to stay in for atleast a year.

"Alright they concludes the tour but if you have any questions for me just ask me. And of course do help yourselves to some of our goodies." She said pointing to stands that had drinks, snacks, and many pamphlets.

[Name] was one of the people who walked over taking many drinks and snacks. I mean if they make you pay this much might as well.

As the group spread out more and more either walking around campus or going back to their cars to rethink their decisions [Name] made eye contact with the same guy from the beach.

He smiled at them his eyes warm, [Name] quickly acted like they never knew him or seen him. They walked right to their car, "I'll never see him other then maybe once or twice." They don't know why their acting like this. Trying to push him away or trying to avoid him. He never even tried to talk to them. Sounds kinda fishy if you ask me.

As [Name] was in their car just trying to find a song to listen to on their way back home "he" passed by. Didn't look at them. Or glance even. He was laughing. Just laughing with someone. As [Name] looked it was almost like a movie.

[Name] left the parking lot soon forgetting all about him

Maybe...