chapter 4.

Clara hadn't left the house in over a week, she hadn't drank or smoked in a week and she was really struggling. she finally was allowed out of her room when she wanted to but it wasn't like she was a free woman. she hadn't talked to her brother since, even though he had called every single day to check up on her. she was pissed at him and she had every right to be pissed off, she wasn't her own person anymore, she was being held captive without her needs even being met. she walked out of her room, heavy bags under her eyes since she hadn't really bee able to sleep, she usually smoked so she could sleep and she couldn't even do that. she glanced at sully who was sat on the sofa, not paying much mind to him and walking into the kitchen. she pulled her hair out of its messy bun and sighed, she hadn't been brushing it recently because her head hurt way too much so it had gotten a bit out of control.

she put her hand on the counter and looked down at her feet, taking a few deep breaths and yawning softly. she opened the fridge and grabbed the red bull from the top shelf that she had asked Dris to buy for her, she couldn't sleep as it was so she might as well gibe herself energy to stay awake. she walked into the living room and sat down on the couch, opposite to where sully was. she opened the can and drank some before putting it down on the table. she parted her hair down the middle and tried to run her hands through the nots, wincing and moving her hands to hold her head. she could feel sully staring dead at her, her eyes meeting his as she gave him a dirty look, she really hated him right now.

"the fuck you looking at like that?" he spat, sitting forward a little more, making her roll her eyes and cross her arms over her chest. she was the first to break the eye contact, just shaking her head at him as if to say she didn't want to talk to him. she looked at the tv and tried her best to ignore the feeling of his eyes burning a hole into the back of her head. she ignored whatever he was saying, drowning his voice out by turning the volume up on the tv. he scoffed and stood up, turning the tv off and walking over to her, he stood in front of her and looked down. she stared at his stomach, biting her tongue so she wouldn't say anything that would get her into trouble with him.

he put his hand on her chin and lifted her head up to look at him, she refused eye contact but it was hard with sully, really hard. she looked at him through her eyelashes and quickly pushed him away from her. she stood up and walked to her room, walking in and shutting the door behind her, slamming it even. she walked into the bathroom and grabbed her hair brush, brushing her hair through as much as she could, she didn't realize she had gone back to her old habits, even though she wasn't pulling at her hair with her hands, she was causing herself pain. she ended up smoothing her hair out fully but also ended up with a lot of her hair being in the sink from her aggressive brushing.

she could hear sully entering her room with some sort of anger in him as she mentally prepared herself to go out there and face him. she breathed deeply in through her nose and softly out through he mouth before walking out of the bathroom. she paused when she saw sully stood there with a box of cigarettes in his hand. her eyes lit up as she rushed towards him and went to take them. he kissed his teeth and held them away from her, making her frown.

"only because you aint sleeping." he informed her and her frown switched to a small smile, he did care. he handed them to her and walked towards the door to leave. she grabbed his hand to stop him from leaving and wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him tightly. he sighed and in return wrapped his arms around her torso, slightly rubbing her sides. she shivered into his touch, his hands were big, she could feel them laid on flat on her sides. she shakily breathed in, not knowing whether to be tense of relax.

"thank you." she whispered in his ear and kissed him on the cheek before pulling away. their relationship with each other was so up and down at times, but she blamed that on him and the fact he had some anger problems and weird mood swings. he chuckled and shook his head, biting back a smile as he pulled away from her and walked out of her room, closing the door behind him. she quickly rummaged around for her lighter, pulling it out and opening the box. she pulled one of them out and put it in between her lips. she lit the end of it and inhaled a large amount of smoke, letting it burn the back of her throat and tickled her lungs. slowly, she blew it out, watching it fog up at the lights of her room with a small smile at her lips.