𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣.

─☼☼☼─

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙍𝙇𝙊𝙏𝙏𝙀 𝘾𝙊𝙐𝙇𝘿 𝙁𝙀𝙀𝙇 her sister's stares from across the party, and despite her best efforts to ignore them, she couldn't help but feel self conscious.

Rafe's arm was wrapped around her waist, his hand sitting on her hip as he held her close. He didn't care what people thought, what people said. To him, standing with Charlotte Carrera back under his arm was if saying a big fuck you to everyone who doubted them.

Speaking of people who doubted them─more specifically doubted him─Mike Carrera's voice came across the speakers, drawing everyone's attention to the stage.

"I just want to say a few words, and I'm not one for giving speeches, but I do want to say thank you for comin' out. And thank you for your support after a rough few months."

Rafe's hand tightened around Charlotte's waist, his eyes still focused ahead.

Mike's eyes scanned the crowd for a moment, landing on Charlotte before moving toward Kiara. "I want to say thank you to our beautiful daughters for being here. We love you."

Charlotte and Kiara both wore bashful smiles as the crowd let out a series of awes. They weren't the perfect family, but they were sure putting on that front.

"But most of all..." Mike continued. He held his hand out, motioning for his wife to join him on stage, "Thank you, Anna. For twenty years, for making this restaurant a symbol of our life. I love you." The two shared a quick kiss before Mike finished his speech, "Figure Eight, The Cut, everyone's together here. As one island."

Charlotte couldn't held the snort that tumbled from her lips. Just as quickly as it had escaped, she covered her mouth with her hands, earning a furrowed brow expression from Rafe.

"What's so funny?" He questioned.

She shook her head, leaning into him, "Nothing, babe."

"Char!" Anna's voice carried from somewhere near the stage where she, Mike, and Kiara had gathered.

Untangling herself from Rafe, Charlotte pressed a quick kiss to his cheek. "I'll be right back. Why don't you go grab us some more drinks?"

"Yeah." He sighed, "Alright."

Ignoring his slight attitude, Charlotte weaved her was through the crowd, joining her family.

"Great speech, Dad." She grinned, allowing her father to pull her into a tight hug. He kissed the top of her head before letting out a laugh, "Just you wait until I give speeches at your weddings. You girls will be blown away."

Anna pulled Charlotte into an embrace as Kiara scrunched her nose. "I don't think I'm gettin' married. The whole institution of it is corrupt if you ask me."

"Here we go." Charlotte murmured, earning a punch in the arm from her sister.

Despite the antics of their two daughters, Mike and Anna were smiling. "You know we love you girls, right? More than anything in this damn world."

Charlotte shrugged, "Kinda figured." A bright smile spread across her face before she threw an arm over her mother's shoulder, "We love you too, mom. Both of you."