Can I Have a Mother?

Elijah's POV:

Guadalupe and I were at home, resting and having a few days where we're not bothered by the daily Gallagher drama, when I hear my phone ring.

"What now," I muttered and I hear Guadalupe laugh.

I check my phone and I see that it's Fiona calling me.

"What's happening, Fiona?" I asked.

"Grammy is out of prison," Fiona answered.

"Seriously? They let that crazy old lady out?" I asked.

"Medical furlough," Fiona answered.

"She actually dying or she say that to get out of prison?" I asked.

"Who knows. Last I heard, she was was going to the Alibi with Carl. Meanwhile, Lip and Ian aren't talking and I think it involves Karen," Fiona tells me.

"I'll get Carl, Grammy doesn't need to put any more crazy ideas into his already twisted mind. Plus, with the whole thing with Ian and Lip, there's more to it than just the whole mess with Karen. Let them be pissed at each other, it'll give them some time away from each other to blow off some steam," I tell her, before hanging up.

"What was that all about?" Guadalupe asked.

"Frank's mom just got released from jail today and she's staying at my sister's house. Plus, Carl is with her right now at the Alibi, I'm guessing she went to go look for Frank. I'm getting him and taking him to my sister's house. He doesn't need to get any more twisted ideas from her," I told her, as I grabbed my car keys.

"You want me to come with you?" Guadalupe asked.

"No, stay here with the baby. Grammy is the last person that you want to meet from Frank's family," I answered, before taking off.

—————————

A few minutes later, I see Frank talking to his mother, with Carl sitting besides her.

"Hey Grammy, I heard that you got released," I said, when I approached them.

"When you'd get back from the army?" Grammy asked.

"A year ago," I answered.

"Jesus, he's the only one that actually toughen up from your kids, so far," Grammy tells Frank.

"Wish I could say the same about Frank. Carl, I'm taking you back home. You don't need to get more crazy ideas from Grammy. You're already to much to handle, without hanging around her," I tell them.

"I don't want to go. She's paying me to wheel her around," Carl tells me.

"I wasn't asking you if you wanted to stay or not, I'm telling you that you're not staying here. If she wants to go home, Frank can take her. She's Frank's problem, not yours," I say.

"You're not his father," Grammy started off.

"And his actual father didn't actually act like his father. So, you have no reason to give your opinion," I tell Grammy, before dragging Carl out of the bar.