Fiona Interrupted

ELIJAH'S POV:

After what felt like forever, we decided that it was the appropriate time to leave.

"You going to be okay?" I asked.

"I'm going to be, I'm just worried about Lip. I'll just pick up Liam on the way home," Fiona tells me.

"No, he's staying with me for the night. The last thing that you need is to worry about him. And about Lip, he's going to be fine, it's been a rough night for him and he just needs to cool off," I explained.

"At least he'll come home," Fiona muttered.

"He'll come home, but not right now. He's mad and upset right now, with the whole thing that happened with Karen, and the last thing that he needs to hear right now is how he was wrong and you were right about the situation with Karen," I explained.

"There's nothing that's holding him back from coming home and going back to school," Fiona said.

"That may be true, but he's stubborn and he's grown enough to make his own decisions. I know that he'll come home and he'll go back to school, but you have to let him make that decision for himself," I tell Fiona.

"The whole thing with Monica and this thing with the baby, I just want Lip to come home," Fiona tells me.

"Fiona, let him come home by himself, he's upset. Let him cool off, then he'll come home," I tell him, before we all went home.

——————-

About half an hour later, I arrive home and I see Guadalupe waiting for me in the living room for me.

"How's your mom?" Guadalupe asked.

"She's not dead. They have her in a psychiatric hold there, since she tried to kill herself. But then, we find out that Lip was having a baby. But that ended badly, since he found out that Lip wasn't the father of the baby and he stormed out of the hospital," I answered.

"Well, considering that she's been sleeping with different guys while with Lip, it was bound to happen that he wasn't going to be the father of the baby," Guadalupe said.

"Lip is stubborn and doesn't like to hear that he's wrong about something or someone. He had to learn the hard way, that the baby that his girlfriend was having wasn't his. But unfortunately for us, he's still going to go back to her, no matter what we say," I say.

"It's like you said, he's stubborn and doesn't like to hear that he's wrong. Plus he's grown enough to know what's good and what's not good for him. And he knows that he can come to you or to Fiona, if he needs any help," Guadalupe tells me.

"That's true. I need to hear that, every now and then. I'm too busy trying to convince Fiona that he's going to be okay and that he's going to back home," I say.

"I know that you worry about your family and that there is nothing that I can say or do that can prevent you from doing so, but it's okay to take a break from having to worry about your siblings. At least when it comes to your older siblings. Sometimes, you need to take a step back and they need to figure out certain things for themselves," Guadalupe says.

"Can't help it. Especially, when Monica did what she did with the kids in the house. They didn't need to see their mom almost killing herself in their house on Thanksgiving," I tell her, before Guadalupe hugged me.

———————-

The next day, I went to my sister's house to eat the left over food from the previous night.

"Where are the kids?" I asked, noticing that it was Veronica and Fiona.

"Still asleep," Fiona answered, as Carl walked down the stairs.

"Hey Carl, you sleep okay?" Fiona asked.

"What do you think?" Carl rebutted.

Fiona made Carl a sandwich, as I set down the plates for me and Guadalupe at the table. Soon, Frank walked in.

"Disability check doesn't come for another week, Frank," Fiona tells our father.

"Went to go visit your mother in the hospital, this morning. We have to get her out of there," Frank said.

"Best place for here," Fiona said.

"She's fragile," Frank said.

"She's broken," Fiona said.

"They wanna make her normal," Frank said.

"They wanna help her," Fiona said.

"By which they mean average, boring, medicated. A Stepford Monica," Frank said, as he opened the fridge.

"She tried to kill herself. Boeing would be a blessing," Fiona said.

"They perform lobotomies now," Frank said.

"No, they don't," Fiona said.

"Frank, you can't bail out Monica from the hospital because she wouldn't leave with you, willingly. It's only a matter of time, before she leaves all of us again," I tell my father.

"We need to bail Monica out of that place, before they change Monica for who she truly is," Frank said.

"And what's that? A life without you in it?" Guadalupe asked.

"You butt out, you're not apart of the family," Frank said.

"One, watch how you speak to her because you won't like what happens to you, if you ever speak to her like that again. And two, she's my wife and gave you your first grandchild. So yes, she is family and does have a say," I tell Frank.

"I'm breaking Monica out. Carl, you in?" Frank asked my youngest brother.

"Don't involve them," Fiona and I tell Frank.

"Can I bring my pistol?" Carl asked.

"That gun is going back to the police department. The last thing we need is you harming an actual person," I tell her.

Soon, Frank went upstairs to ask Debbie to see if she wanted to bail out Monica.

"That's going to end up very badly," I muttered.

"I passed," Fiona said.

"Passed what?" Veronica asked.

"The GED. I passed," Fiona answered.

"Congratulations, Fiona," we all tell her.

"Now, Lip has to go back to school," Fiona said.

"Fiona, we talked about this. He's going to go back to school, but he's going to do in his own terms," I tell her.

"We had a deal," Fiona said.

"Yeah, but in his mind, he doesn't care about the deal. Give him some space," I tell her.

We stayed at my sister's house for about an hour more, then we went to the park near our house.

——————————

A couple of days later, I get a call from Fiona.

"Hey Fiona, what's up?" I asked.

"She left," Debbie said, sobbing.

"Who left?" I asked.

"Monica. She said that she we were better off without her," Debbie tells me.

"I know you're upset about Monica leaving. Her leaving is selfish. But please understand that Monica loves you so much that she understands that the best thing for you is her not being around us," I said, trying to comfort my sister.

"But I wanted her to stay," Debbie said.

"I know you do, but you have to understand that she is not okay and she wasn't going to stay. I know that this is hard, but you have me and Fiona to help you go through this," I tell her.

————————-

That is the end of season 2, what do you all want to see during season 3 of this story?