Chapter 2: How they found back their Highlighter and their Cat

He missed Uki's voice. The psychic hadn't sung even once ever since the End...

~~~

"I miss them, I miss them all. But I want us to have fun today. So no more thinking about Noctyx. It's our day."

~~~

Uki fished his phone out of his pocket to take a nice, cute picture of them all, a small smile plastered on his lips.

~~~

Uki shaking his head softly in the car, some of their favourite music coming out of the speakers. Nijisanji songs and their covers came up, but also K-pop songs, anime songs, and a lot more. Truly, there were only good songs from any genre. Suddenly, "Stuck in the Abyss" started playing, and Yu gestured to skip it, as he would usually do, but Uki stopped him. He gave his boyfriend a small nod and a reassuring smile, signalling he was okay listening to it.

Yu had been used to skipping some specific songs from their playlists, as it would trigger memories into Uki's mind, leading to the man having panic attacks – and worse. It was not an understatement to say that Uki had not come out sane from the End. The psychic had refused to see therapists, as he was convinced no one would understand him better than Yu. And then, Uki started closing up on himself. And from then on, Yu couldn't do anything but be there for his man, reminding him every day that he loved him and cared about him, and giving him what he needed in bed, making him forget everything until he fell asleep.

The blonde had kept all their songs in their playlists, he had never changed anything to them. "Why?", might you ask. Well, the boy still kept hope inside him. He hoped that, one day, Uki would feel comfortable enough again to talk about their days in Nijisanji. And also because he loved listening to his man's voice when alone in the car. He missed Uki's voice. The psychic hadn't sung even once ever since the End...

All of a sudden, a soft humming was heard throughout the car. Never in his life had Yu turned his head this fast, risking breaking his neck in the process. Uki was looking through the window, his lips slightly parted to let his voice out. One single tears fell down his left eye when came the first singing solo part of their late DJ, but the humming never stopped, not once. Yu had never known the fifth member of Noctyx, Yugo Asuma, but had heard so much of him through Uki, Fulgur, Sonny, and Alban. He thought he may be able to meet the man one day, but that was yet to happen. Lucky for him, Yu Q. Wilson was a man full of hope, and an optimistic individual, and therefore he kept the hope of one day meeting the great DJ of Noctyx.

When the chorus of the song came up, Yu followed Uki's humming with the usual "Pew, pew, pew, pew" that they would always make during the song, Uki finally joining him for the final one.

And when Yu thought Uki wouldn't go further into this effort, he was proven wrong. Gently, quietly, almost like a murmur, Uki sang:

"The day is night

真っ暗な世界

But nothing scary here, it's just the way I like

The darkness in my soul, the darkness in my eyes

I turn it into energy and fuel my mind

I'm locked in, no stopping

I'm feeling like I'm sitting in the cockpit

I'm lost in my thoughts and

I'm spitting and releasing all my toxins