Chapter Four - Obsessed

"Yeah," she replied, then her grin turned apologetic

"Yeah," she replied, then her grin turned apologetic. "You're the one she's been tutoring lately, aren't you?"

- Rainbow Dash

.+* *+.

To say that Mordecai had a crush on Margaret would be putting it lightly. Not only was it blatantly obvious to all who saw them interacting with each other, but come on. Even Rigby noticed. Their little friend group quicky expanded once Rigby had finally joined them for lunch. Though it took a little while for Rigby to warm up to her, Eileen, who was notoriously shy around new people, grew comfortable around him quickly, even when neither of them had much in common. Margaret on the other hand didn't really seem to mind him, and neither did he really mind her. It seemed that despite his outwardly pest-like nature, Rigby was actually pretty cool, and now they had a cozy little lunch club where they could all gripe about school and talk about whatever together.

"How the heck do you even see with these?" Rigby asked, eyes comically bugged out as he tried on Eileen's glasses.

"I told you, my vision's terrible." She said, blinking blearily at Rigby's blob in her blurry vision.

"Wait, how many fingers am I holding up?"

"Rigby--"

"Hey, guys." Mordecai grinned at their conversation as he sat down at their regular lunch table next to Margaret (obviously).

"Hey," Margaret smiled, snatching the glasses and handing them back to Eileen, ignoring Rigby's protests, "How was Chem?"

"Good, we're finally starting labs."

"Haha, yeah! We get to burn stuff now!"

"Rigby--"

"Ooh! OOH! TWI! OVER HEREEE!!!"

The four looked towards the center of the cafeteria to find a pony with pink, curly hair--her name was Pinkie, right?-- hopping up and down and waving her hand at someone by the door, trying to get their attention. Mordecai narrowed his eyes at none other than Twilight, who, to his surprise, smiled as she found her friends and made her way over to the colorful friend group. He watched for a second as she began animatedly talking with the rest.

"Hey, that's Twilight Sparkle, right?" Eileen asked between bites of her lunch. "She's super smart. I heard that she's taking all AP's this year and even asked for and extra class for zero hour, but they only have swim team and music class before school so she decided not to."

"Really?" Margaret mumbled with a slight furrow in her brow, and Mordecai gave her a curious look. Catching his eye, she quickly corrected herself in a sweeter tone. "She's really pushing for those extra-curriculars this year, huh?"

Weird.

"Yeah," Eileen continued, "I had her as a seat partner last year in AP Lit. She's actually pretty nice once you get to know her."