Welcome to UCLA

"Morning Emmy, you coming down for breakfast?" Mikayla asked.

"One Second, I'm trying to reach my boyfriend"

"Boyfriend? Girl I already told you, those Stanford guys are man whores, so you might as well say you're single"

Emily sighed at Mikayla's words, but she knew the rumors about Stanford guys were true. Most of them always cheated on their girls, but she had hope that Liam was different. At least she believed he was.

"My guy isn't like the rest of them" She defended Liam.

"Well the delta's are having free pancakes on campus, so can we please go before all the hungry bitches on campus gets them"

"Oh my brothers fraternities doing wings and waffles too"

"Your Brother? Hmm tell me more about this brother" Mikayla pulled her from the bed and out the door.

Emily chuckled at her silly roommate. Meet Mikayla, she's Emily's roommate. Her major is still undecided but she's a free spirited go getter. She does hair on the side as a little hustle and she's really good at it. She and Emily hit it off the first night here. Her step sisters doing online courses this semester due to her mother having cancer, but she'll be enrolling physically in the spring.

The square was where the life of any college was, especially UCLA, everyday students would be out here strolling, grilling, playing dominoes, hanging in their cliques.

"There he is!" Emily pointed to the Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity. The guys were shirtless with aprons, fitted jeans and timbs. Of course the majority of their customers were females, not to mention a few of their guys were culinary majors so their breakfast consisted of shrimp and grits, steak and fruit, along with the wings and waffles.

"Which one? All is see is a bunch of sexy shirtless men"

"Come on! I'll introduce you, but remember he has a girlfriend!"

"Yeah yeah girlfriend girlfriend Mhmm" Mikayla brushed her off.

"Look who made it!" Caleb scooted around the grill, wiping some sweat off his chest before hugging Emily.

"I wouldn't miss it, plus it's free food!"

"Who's the friend?" He smiled

"I'm Mikayla but you can call me Miki or Kayla, even baby sounds good" she flirted.

"Mikaylaaaaaa" poor Emily felt bad and a bit embarrassed, but this was Mikaylas personality.

"Hahaha very funny, I'm Caleb, nice to meet you" he held out his hand but Kayla pulled him in for a hug. "Oh, someone's a hugger" he chuckled.

"So where's our food?" She asked.

"Well I prepared a plate for Emily, but I can get you one too, what do you like?"

"Hmm Shrimp, waffles and wings sounds good"

"No problem, coming right up"

Caleb got her a hot plate and two cold strawberry lemonades for them both.

"How long will you guys be out here?"

"Hmm probably another hour, most of us already missed our 8am classes but it's the first day, plus Fraternity's and Sororities get a bit of a special privilege because we actually host these events. So technically I don't have to go class if I don't want to"

"Damn, I'm ready to join a sorority"

"You can say that again" Emily agreed.

"Well hello there!" Anika and Rohan were walking by with their free breakfast.