Going Deeper

I don't own the pictures nor the game.

Sinister, Ghost and Broken Fox slowly follow the group as they continue going deeper inside the lab. They weren't speaking to any of them except for Lincoln who was excited to see and possibly rescue his other friends. While the teams watched as the walls are almost decorated with dry blood while the stench of rotten meat fills the air. It was enough to make Ruby wish that she could turn back, but she couldn't...not when her best friend is trapped here. 

"It seems like something big happened down this hallway." Neptune said.

"This is nothing compared to other parts of this place. I can recall how we were allowed to play with some of the most vile of criminals. Just one or two hits...maybe a slash here or there and they would stay still almost like dolls." Lincoln said. 

"Those were such good times. I can even remember some begging for their lives before our play began." Sinister said. This caused all of the team to pale before Ghost spoke to her friend.

"Sinister, I don't think that the rest of our party enjoyed that story. After all...they're training to be...what's it called huntsmen." Ghost said. The group looked stunned that one of the people trapped down there knew what huntsmen were. For a couple of seconds, they stayed silent until Ruby spoke in a surprised tone.

"You heard about huntsmen?" Ruby asked.

"I heard some of the guards talk about it outside our cells. I can recall a woman in white tell people about her sister trying to be one." Ghost said.

"I can't believe my sister was actually apart of this. I mean, this place is basically inhumane." Weiss said. 

"The White Witch is truly despicable to keep what happens here from you. Then again, she may have feared your reaction to her cruel actions." Lincoln said.

"I will keep an eye on you though since....No OnE cAn Be TrUsTeD." Sinister said with a snarl on her lips. This scared the group and  many were slowly reaching for their weapons before Ghost tried to defuse the situation.

"Sorry about her, she doesn't really trust anyone except for Broken Fox, Goldie and I." Ghost said. 

"Ghost, you don't know whether they can be trusted. I mean..." Sinister started to say before Ghost stopped her.

"If they weren't trustworthy then they would've tried to kill us by now. Besides they won't to rescue Goldie or his true name...um, Jaune. Yeah, Jaune. When we do then you and the others can go after him to your hearts content along with the red haired spartan." Ghost said. 

"I..I don't love Jaune." Pyrrha said which only caused Ghost to laugh.

"Don't try to lie since I know that you do love him. Though considering how dense Goldie is...he hasn't noticed your feelings." Ghost said.

"He's always like that. He couldn't even tell that she was interested in him and wanted to be more than friends." Nora said.

"Nora!" Ren said.

"What? It's true." Nora said. 

"It's so much fun to learn more about each other..though I fear that we may run into one of the wardens." Lincoln said. When the group heard that, they stopped and stared at each other with confused expressions. They are wardens in this abandoned lab?

"Wardens? They are actually people guarding this place?" Yang asked.

"Yep. In fact, you're about to meet the first one right about...now." Sinister said. After she said that, the group looking ahead of her and saw three creatures sitting. They were all small, had sharp teeth and horns on their head. Though, they noticed that each one had different colors.

 Though, they noticed that each one had different colors

"Are we supposed to be afraid of that?" Sun asked.

"You really shouldn't underestimate them. Despite their small structure, they are still deadly." Ghost said. The group nodded and continued to walk closer until they were noticed by the three creatures.

"Grrr." The blue one said as it stood up followed by his friends.

"Follower. We mean no harm...we just want to get to the deeper levels of this place." Ghost said. When she said that, the small group stared at each other for a while before growling back at her.

"Wait, if you let us pass then maybe we can allow you guys to explore the surface. I mean, do you really want to spend the rest of your lives down here? There is hardly any food for any of you and..." Sinister said.

"Grrr." The pink one said.

"It seems like they're considering it." Broken Fox said.

"They are?" Blake asked. After she asked that, the creatures started to transform in front of their eyes to become humanoid.

 After she asked that, the creatures started to transform in front of their eyes to become humanoid

"Hm, you strike a pretty good deal." Follower said.

"Besides it's gotten so boring being stuck down here with the occasional idiot coming close to us. They never seem to last especially since we have to split it with the other wardens walking around." The pink woman said.

"So you guys will let us pass." Broken Fox said.

"Yes. Though, I can tell that your new friends are underestimating us." Follower said. 

"So why don't we have a quick brawl to show that they shouldn't take us lightly." The pink woman said.

"Greeter, the time for fighting will come later. For now, we need to get the others." Lincoln said.

"Then just go ahead to the other parts of the lab, but remember...You promised to give us freedom. So don't forget to take us along with you." Greeter said as she opened the door. Leading to new experiments and fights to occur until they reach Jaune.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter...Bye 👋