64 # Disaster on The Side

> Disaster on The Side

Minjun doesn't usually get visitors

Minjun doesn't usually get visitors. Especially since their last term has started and everyone became too busy to come over. Most of the time, it was her going to other people's apartments anyway. Sometimes she'd have Seyeon or Chenle, or even Naeun knocking on her door, looking for company, but Naeun was out of the country and Seyeon and Chenle dropped a text before they came over. And usually, so do her most recent best friends.

So she's staring at her door, wondering who's knocking like they're about to break into her apartment. It's not Shotaro, he's at practice. It's not Renjun, he has a date. It's not Jeno either because he's studying according to recent texts. It's not Donghyuck or Jaemin because they're on a date too. And it's not Yangyang because he's on the phone with her.

"Hey, I think I have to go," Minjun says, still staring at her door, the knocks getting softer and lighter.

She removes her phone from her ear, staring at a single notification from Messages and then puts her phone back at her ear. "Min, are you okay?"

"Yeah." She stands up, getting her keys from her shelf. "Can you text Jaemin? Or ask Jeno about Jaemin?"

"What? Why?"

"I'll explain later. I'll call you okay? Just text Jaemin."

Minjun hangs up and rushes to open her door, not surprised to see Donghyuck waiting outside. What does surprise her is the tears threatening to fall from his eyes.

"Donghyuck?"

He sniffles and Minjun can see just how hard he's trying to hold back his tears. His voice cracks when he speaks. "Hi. Sorry. Can I, like, come in? Or something. No one else was free and I just—"

Minjun pulls him in before he can finish his sentence, embracing him in a tight hug. She holds him tight as he sobs into her shoulder, hands gripping at her shirt. She doesn't ask any questions or say anything and just lets him cry on her, rubbing his back while he does so.

When Donghyuck finally stops crying, Minjun guides him to her couch and walks to the kitchen to get him some water while he calms down.

"Sorry," Donghyuck mumbles before taking a sip of the water.