It Was

Lee Jeno

Lee Jeno

Knowing a friend is waiting for you is both good and bad. Good knowing you have a friend to wait for you. Bad knowing you're making them wait.

Jeno needs to catch the bus now if he doesn't want his friend to get frustrated for being late. They're supposed to meet before going home.

His only friend is waiting for him and he's definitely going to lose him if he misses his bus.

The world must hate him because there's no way Jeno's making it past the crowd of people in front of him quickly enough. The pavement is blocked by the crowd of people staring hopelessly at a tipped car and a sobbing boy on the road.

It's not fair to be mad at them but Jeno can't help it. He had other important business to attend to and the crowd just wasn't helping. He sends a silent apology to the poor family involved in the car crash and pushes past people with soft 'excuse me's and 'sorry's leaving his lips, running to the bus stop.

Jeno is so close. As long as he doesn't stop he would be able to catch his bus. He was so close.

His body crashes into another's before he can even register it and coffee nearly spills over them but he doesn't bother turning around to apologise and just runs off, ignoring the confused looks of the brown-haired boy.

Jeno doesn't have the time to care, sparing him a glance as he tries to catch his bus.

He was so close.

He takes a different route, walking to his destination instead and hopes his friend will let him be just a few minutes late.

Jeno grips the papers in his hands and walks, eyes fixated on the concrete pavement he walks on. He can only react so fast, barely avoiding the cyclist he nearly crashes into as his papers fly out of his hands.

A hand helps out to help him and silently thanks them before walking away. He's made his friend too long. Jeno can only hope his friend wouldn't be so angry and understand his situation.

To his surprise, his friend did.

Barely.

Jeno doesn't mind that his friend rolls his eyes at him, he's just glad he waited for him this time. He's just glad to have him though he cursed him out when Jeno did something he didn't like.

Jeno is glad to have him even though he calls him a coward for being too shy to help a group of girls who nearly crashed into a guy who was running somewhere else.

Jeno really did want to help them. But he was too shy.

So his friend calls him a coward and leaves him for good, the words, "I'm tired of being your friend," leaving his lips.

Jeno stands there dumbfounded in the middle of nowhere. He just lost his only friend. He opens his phone and goes to the app store, staring at the dating app he found some time ago.

Someone will stay one day, right?

Maybe he'll download it later when it finally sinks in that he lost his only friend. Again.

Huang Renjun

Huang Renjun

Receiving an offer that could change one's life is an amazing feeling.

The second Renjun's lecture ended, he dashed out, needing to get home to sort everything out for the offer he just received. His work was being invited to be featured in an event some weeks later.

A loud "Sorry"  comes tumbling out of his lips when he knocks a professor's stack of papers out of her hands.

He doesn't look back, not bothering to help the girl who stopped to help the professor with her things. Getting home is more important.

Getting home is more important even as he nearly crashes into a group of girls on his way home, completely ignoring the two tall men standing by the side watching them.

This offer is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and Renjun isn't going to miss out on it because of some strangers.

Renjun ends up spending the afternoon drafting emails he wishes his brother could help him on.

But right now, the offer is more important than his relationship with his brother. He could attend to that later. Thought Renjun wanted to call him so badly and tell him about the amazing offer he got. He wishes he could. If it weren't for the stupid words his brother had said and the argument that came after, he would.

Instead, Renjun calls his sister who only gives him a cheerful congratulations before asking about his love life. He calls her anyway, because he knows she will still be proud of him.

It takes a while before manages to tell her about the offer, a string of praises and questions coming from her before she starts the questions about seeing anyone.

Renjun does not care about a dating app when he has something worth much more than that.

But he loves his sister enough to listen to her ramble about how good it is and how he must download it.

Renjun ends the call with a quick "goodbye" and "love you"  not caring about the dating app when he has other things to take care of. Other, more important things.

He doesn't hate being single, but his sister pestering him about it almost makes him download the dating app right then and there. Who knows, he might even find the cute architecture girl he sees after his classes.

Maybe he'll download it later when he finishes taking care of much more important things.