4- you look stunning

I'm seated between Finnick and mags. I've eaten but I'm not particularly hungry. My eyes settle on a bowl of purple grapes that sit in the middle of the table, right in front of me. I pick a branch out of the bowl and place it on my plate. I pick one up and throw it at the side of Finnicks face, as he turns to look at me I throw one in between his eyes. He pick it up and throws it back, hitting me on the nose. This starts a full-blown grape war between me and Finnick, we need the fun after all. Our war is brought to a stop due to our arrival in the Capitol.

The Capitol station is large and flashy, the entire Capitol is large and flashy. It's full weird people that stare at us like we're caged animals in a zoo. That's exactly what we are though. The districts are the cages. The Capitol is the zoo. We are the animals used for their entertainment, to put on a show. I become the murderous, scary, brutal girl once more as I step off the train. I glare at all of them as I walk by, the anger is clear on my face. I hate them all. Finnick is swarmed by girls and I feel something rise inside of me, but I brush it off. I especially hate those girls.

I hold my head high, showing no emotion but hatred. It's not even an act, I don't have to pretend that I hate them. I despise everything about the Capitol and all the people in it, especially there precious president snow. If they didn't watch, there wouldn't be a game.

Finnick and I meet our prep teams and go in to separate rooms. The trio of girls all squeal and greet me with excitement. They were my prep team in my first games, and as I don't show up on camera's when I'm a mentor I haven't seen them for around 6 years. Orchid and Sabille rush over to me and start babbling about the latest fashions and complaining about how I haven't done what they asked. I haven't followed any of their advice which they probably didn't like at all, it makes their job harder. I walk past them and embrace Dixie in a tight hug. She's my favourite, she's real. She looks at me with sadness in her eyes.
" Let's get started, shall we? "

Luckily for Dixie I did exactly what she asked me too, and followed all of her advice. They waxed me, plucked my eyebrows and rid my body of any unnecessary hair. My nails were done black with silver sparkles. My makeup was rather heavy, but it felt light. My eye make-up was very dark, with lots of black. I had smokey eyes, mascara and winged black eyeliner. I actually looked good.

We walk through to another room to meet my stylist Thalia. She always has the most beautiful gowns for me. Thalia hugs me and a lone tear slides down her face. She was like a sister to me in my first games. She was originally from district four, which is an advantage for me as she knows how to reflect my district perfectly.

She goes to speak but I have already closed my eyes knowing what she was about to say. She always used to make me close my eyes
while she puts the gown on. I feel the soft material slide up my body and then the zip being done up at the back. She slides on some shoes and my district token. My token is a plain brown rope anklet with a shell hanging of it, the rope is weaved in a nice pattern and tied in an intricate knot. Cyrus made it for me.

I open my eyes and my jaw drops, the girl in front of me can't possibly be me. My hair is wavy and has been put in a loose bun with strands hanging down to frame my face. My shoes are black sparkly pumps that match my nails. My token can't be seen because my dress is floor length, neither can my shoes. It is dark blue, the exact colour of the sea at night time. The bottom is covered with black, dark green, dark blue and silver gems so that when I walk it looks like the dress is water.
"It's stunning Thalia, thank you"

Together we walk out to where the carriages are. I stand at my carriage stroking the horses fur occasionally glancing over to where Finnick is flirting with Katniss. I look over again for about the 10th time to see him coming my way. I crane my neck to try and see why he left. Peeta and Haymitch now stand there talking to Katniss.
"HAYMITCH"

All eyes are on me but I just saw Haymitch's face light up. I remove my pumps and run to him. Once I reach him I jump up and he catches me in his arms. After our hug he holds me at arms length about to look me over when his face falls.
"Sweetie, Addy, please tell me that you're dressed up because you want to. Please tell me you're not in the games"
I look him in the eyes and give him a sad smile. He knows that I'm in the games, at least I didn't have to tell him.
"I have to go"

I look over haymitch's casual appearance and see that Peeta and Katniss are the dressed up ones. Thank God. I give him one more smile as I turn and walk back to my carriage. I'm so glad that Haymitch isn't in the games. I'm on autopilot as I climb in to the carriage and lace my fingers trough Finnicks. I can tell that he's looking at me but that's the least of my worries.

The carriage starts moving and I feel numb and cold. Empty in a way. I let go of Finnicks hand and stand as far away as I can. I know what he'll have to do now that we're in the Capitol. I know all about his late night clients. I know it isn't his choice, president snow wanted me to do it as well but I said no. However finnick has people to protect, he couldn't have just said no, he still can't. He said no once and his dad was killed.

Our carriage leaves the safety of the tribute centre and in to the sunlight. The crowd screams our names and the cheering gets even louder. The sea goddess and the sea god. The Capitol seem to think that we were made for each other, I'll show them. We stand as far away from each other as possible in this carriage. While finnick blows kisses and throws winks in to the crowd I stand there looking angry and deadly with my famous smirk on my face. I didn't know it was possible to feel this angry.

The carriages stop at the end of the procession in front of President Snow's balcony. Snow steps forward and welcomes us even though he wants us all dead. He says the same thing as every year and then we're off. The carriages turn around and return us to the tribute centre.

As soon as I get out of the carriage I take of my shoes and hurry over to Haymitch. He gives me a hug and congratulate me on my performance. Peeta and Katniss stand there looking awkward and confused.
"Peeta, Katniss, this my daughter Adriana Moore."

I feel pride consume me as Haymitch introduces me as his daughter. Not his almost daughter, not his adopted daughter, not his fellow victor. His daughter, simple as that.
"I didn't know Haymitch had a daughter, it's nice to meet you, I'm Peeta"
Peeta says politely, introducing himself. Katniss still hasn't spoken. I watch as she scans me from head to toe, taking me in. I put a hand on my hip waiting for what she has to say.
"I know exactly who you are. One of the most dangerous victors ever, only tribute to ever get a 12 that wasn't from district 1. You aren't haymitch's daughter, you won the 69th games and Haymitch sent you your only gift. That's the first and only time a tribute has received a gift from a district and mentor that wasn't their own."

I smile. I like this girl, she's observant and careful about what she says. She's a hunter, I can tell immediately. We exchange pleasantries and head towards the elevator. We all get in the elevator with finnick. Just before the doors close another victor steps in. Johanna slips in the doors sliding closed behind her.
"You look stunning"
Jo says to me embracing me in a tight hug.
"How did we end up here again?"
I say with a small laugh at the end. Jo laughs and says
"Girl, they don't even stand a chance, together we can smash them"

This makes me laugh for real, just because she isn't even kidding. She smashes people's skulls open with her age and I have smashes someone's head in with the end of my spear before. Next she turns to address district 12. The elevator is whizzing up and has just passed floor 3. I turn around to see johanna stripping, of course. I giggle quietly when the doors open at her floor. She winks and struts out calling over her shoulder
"Thanks, let's do it again sometime"