10- blackness

•••Adriana's POV•••

We started our long trek up to the Lightning tree. Beetee designed this special wire, I don't get it but he found one in the cornucopia. According to Jo he took a knife in the back to get it. The plan is to  wrap it around the tree and lead it to the water. We place the wire in the water and anyone in it or on the damp sand will be electrocuted. What a sad way to die.

We trek for what seems like days but is only a few hours. Finnick checks on me every now and then. I always give him a peck on the check and tell him I'm fine but I can't seem to calm him. We stop for water breaks along the way and I catch up on everything that happened. Blight hit the forcefield and he died, that was during the blood rain wedge. Wiress was killed by Gloss, but Gloss was later killed by Katniss. Cashmere died in the water and they think it was the district 10 girl in the giant wave. I told them about who I had killed while we walked through the jungle.

An hour or so later we reached the Lightning wedge and started walking up hill. As it got darker the clicking of the insect began in the wedge next to us.

" I wonder what's in there "

Katniss asks. She has no idea.

" Flesh eating insects "

I see her turn around and face me in shock but I just smirk. Her eyes wander down to my mangled ankle and widen. She turns back around and I can tell she wishes she had never asked. We all keep walking for about two hours longer and the clicking stopped a while ago. We stop and wrap the wire around the tree.

" Katniss and Johanna, take the coil and lead to the water, then run. It took longer to get here than I had hoped "

Katniss and Peeta try to get out of being separated but we make them anyway. Just before she is enveloped by the jungle Johanna turnstone me. I nod and she turns back and disappears in to the jungle.

I sit and wait until Beetee tell us we can start walking. Before he can the wire attached to the coil the girls were pulling goes loose. It must have been cut. I spring in to action when I hear Katniss scream. It was short and quiet but I heard it. Finnick and I run off looking for the person that cut the wire while Peeta tries to find Katniss.

There are only 7 of us left so it had to be Bruce and Enobaria. We check for Johanna every now and then whispering her name quietly.

" Come on, let's go back to the tree, check there "

He frowns like he knows it's a bad idea but he follows me anyway. We run up the steep incline trying to get to the Lightning tree as fast as we can. We reach the tree and look around.

" Katniss? "

Finnick yells while I search. He stand still and straight so I do the same. Directing my vision to the same spot as him. There crouching in the trash behind some shrubs around the tree was Katniss Everdeen. Her famous bow pulled back, an arrow in the notch pointed directly at Finnick.

" Katniss, remember who the real enemy is "

I speak up. Her bow swings around to face me but she slowly releases it, pulling it back in. The clouds began to rumble and the sky turned grey above our heads. Katniss picked up the wire and wrapped it around the arrow tip.

" Katniss! Get away from the tree! "

I heard Finnick scream but he was too late. The sky opened up and the lightning came out. Katniss shot the arrow and it was like avert hung went in slow motion. There was an explosion a nd I was flying the air. I saw so many memories flashing in my head.

I was 2. Mum, dad and Cyrus were singing happy birthday to me. We were a happy family all smiling.

I was 3. A peace keeper was knocking at the door. They were telling us my dad was dead. I was crying, so was Cyrus.

I was 5, Cyrus was yelling at me. He was screaming and soon he was crying and breaking down.

I was 9 and at the reaping. I couldn't be reaped yet but Cyrus could and I was praying it would be him.

It's only minutes later and Cyrus was being called to stand on the stage. The impossible had happened and he had been reaped.

I was saying goodbye to Cyrus in the room, he told me wouldn't be coming home no matter how many time I asked him to win.

I was 11, standing at my front door was a peacekeeper. Finnick was hugging me from behind as they told me mother was dead. She had killed herself.

I was 12, it was my first reaping. I stood at the back of the crowd waiting to for them to call the girls name. It wasn't me and I was so relieved but hen Finnick was called.

I was at the train station waiting for Finnick to get back. He got of the train and I was so excited. I waved at him and smiled but he ignored me.

I was 15. I was at the reaping. My name was in 8 times. I wasn't called and I was so relieved.

I was 16 and at the next reaping. My name was 10 times. My name was called an I was ushered in to the stage.

I was killing the district 12 boy that had begged for death.

I was killing more innocent children.

I was 22. I was being reaped again for the quarter quell.

I was lying in bed with Finnick.

I was telling Finnick I loved him.

It all happened with in a matter of seconds. My body collided with the forcefield and I could breathe. Everything faded and all I saw was blackness despite my eyes being wide open.