Chapter 5

Pierce me and Lucifer are here we have some stuff to talk about but also just checking in on you!! (Chloe said as they walked into his house closing the door behind them) Pierce?! (Lucifer called out) Dining room!!! (Pierce called from the room upstairs so the other two ran upstairs and walked into the dining room) Gee you two must really love me to keep visiting me. (Pierce stated sarcastically as the two of them rolled their eyes and sat down at the table as Pierce took a bite of his berry waffles) Well I see your sarcasm is back unfortunately but we need to talk to you about something very important. (Chloe said sarcastically setting a police lieutenant paper in front of him as he pushed his waffles aside and he looked down at it confused) Seriously me... lieutenant again?? After all that I did you seriously want me.... (Pierce looked over the paper and looked back at them) Well as much as it would suck for the police station considering we no longer work there just visit a lot the lieutenant transferred so there's a spot open and some heard you were back and all decided that you were the only option they wanted. (Lucifer sarcastically explained as Pierce thought about it and smiled slightly) Do you think I should I mean I can't just go back cause people love me. (Pierce asked) Look honestly you were an amazing one even for as odd as you were and still are but if you sign the paper and decide to return you need to attend therapy with Linda. (Chloe explained and Pierce picked up the paper again looking at it then setting it down and thinking for a moment before grabbing a pen from Lucifer and signing it handing both back to them and they nodded and talked a bit more before heading out leaving Pierce to wonder how different his lieutenant job would be especially since Chloe and Lucifer don't work there anymore and Dan unfortunately passed on) 

:hour later: 

Ok so everything is set he's able to start work tomorrow. (the Police Captain said walking into the conference room handing the stuff to Ella and Amenadiel along with the keys to Pierce's old office) Ok thank you Captain. (Amenadiel said as he nodded heading back towards his office leaving the two of them there) This is gonna be really odd I mean working with Pierce for the first time in 5 years it's insane. (Ella said getting up and taking down Pierce's file stuff from the board and putting everything away in the folder and sticking back in the cabinet) Well I am sure Pierce felt that way I mean Chloe said Pierce didn't quite feel right about it at first but he agreed to it obviously. (Amenadiel said and Ella just nodded and grabbed the keys and opened the door) I am gonna go get his room ready for tomorrow. (Amenadiel nodded as she headed towards the office)

:next day: 

(It was 7:30am and Pierce walked into the station and was welcomed by a lot of the station including Ella and Amenadiel) Um thank you everyone I really appreciate the welcome at least more than last time. You can all go back to work. (Pierce said smiling as everyone nodded and went back to work Amenadiel included and Ella grabbed the fresh cup of coffee she prepared and walked it to Pierce) Here Pierce I made you coffee and I also didn't know if you ate so there's an English muffin with egg, cheese, and bacon in your office on the desk. (Ella said handing him the cup) Oh thank you Ella that was really sweet you didn't have to do that. (Pierce took the cup and smiled) I know but ya know first day back gift ya know. (Ella said smiling and handing him his key then heading off and Pierce walked over to his office setting the cup and key down on the desk and his bag on the chair and taking his laptop and the framed picture of him and his brothers setting them down in their respective places on the desk and then sat down with the muffin and ate till Amenadiel brought in a copy of the new case and handed it to him) I think you're going to need this. (Amenadiel said sarcastically turning back towards the door and walking towards it) Yea thanks Amenadiel you know everyone seems a lot more Idk nicer to me considering all that's happened. (Pierce said looking at the picture of his brothers) Well who knows death can change your views on a person and I think a lot of us who kinda stumbled after you died learned to thrive better despite what happens. And don't get me wrong you were quite a jerk but idk if you were always intentionally a jerk or it just built up over time. (Amenadiel explained said turning back towards Pierce) I'd like to think as a kid I wasn't a jerk but I am sure my mom and Abel would say otherwise. (Pierce stated sarcastically as Amenadiel agreed and then headed out to visit the crime scene with Ella)

:2 hrs later:

Well I could say it feels like old times walking in here feeling like I work here again but I mean it's a lot less chaotic. (Lucifer said sarcastically as he walked into the conference room and taking a seat) That's probably because Dan. you, and Chloe are gone it's just me, Pierce, Amenadiel, and Linda being everyone's therapist. (Ella explained sitting down across from him) Well at least you grew with dear old Pierce so you upped one person. Speaking of our local spawn of Eve how's he doing ya know back in his old position. (Lucifer sarcastically stated) He's doing great actually took to the job like he never left he seems to just be able to snap back into things. (Lucifer nodded and the two of them continued their chat until Chloe joined them and they continued chatting a bit more before lunch and then everyone headed out together for lunch)

:next day:

(Chloe and Lucifer walked into the LAPD and headed over to the conference room where Amenadiel and Ella were sitting going over a case) No Pierce yet I figured he should be here by now. (Chloe asked taking a seat at the table grabbing a file copy and looking at it and showing it to Lucifer who sat next to her) Yea we tried calling him earlier but he didn't answer and he wasn't at the crime scene this morning. (Amenadiel explained) Maybe our dearest Cain hightailed it back to Chicago or something wouldn't surprise me he seems to be good at vanishing and appearing in places. (Lucifer said sarcastically as Amenadiel and Chloe rolled their eyes) He has a job here I doubt he'd leave. Lucifer and I will head over to his house to see what's up. (Chloe told the two of them as her and Lucifer said goodbye and headed over to Pierce's house and noticed most of the lights were still off except the dining room) Pierce! We're here to check on you since we see you didn't make it far! (Chloe called out heading to the bedroom and peering in seeing the bed and bathroom was empty) Pierce? (Lucifer and Chloe walked up to the dining room and saw Pierce half asleep at the table with some buttered toast) Pierce!!! (Lucifer said loudly startling him awake and he just looked at them and rubbed his eyes) Oh shoot hi what time is it. (Pierce looked around and grabbed a piece of his toast and took a bite) Almost 8:30 you know your supposed to be at work Amenadiel and Ella tried calling you this morning but you didn't answer. (Chloe explained) I must have fallen back asleep I woke up and got ready but I was still pretty tired. I didn't make any coffee cause Ella likes preparing it for me so when I come in it's fresh and hot. (Pierce said finishing one half of the toast and setting his plate in the sink, then turned his dining room light off, grabbed his stuff, and left with Lucifer and Chloe for the station)

AN: Not quite a very eventful chapter but I have been multi- tasking with two stories at once plus other things. Feel free to comment any chapter ideas you have!!