dix-sept

Scooting into the small arm rest he sighed and stared at her. The dark brown eyes, same skin complexion of him, even the ears. His sister. His sister came to visit him. Picking up the phone he breathed into it before he spoke.

"What's going on? You have the whole east side of Baltimore on their toes, the club is losing ratings..." She said instantly staring back at her brother through the glass.

"Well hello beloved sister. Nice to see you too." Chris said blandly and licking his lips.

"Hello Christopher." Cyrillè said to him.

He looked down for a moment then back at her. "You know exactly what the fuck is going on, so stop acting. You know, that was like the perfect audition for them lifetime movies." He proposed to her as he snickered kissing his teeth with his tongue.

"On a serious note. How'd you even get caught?" She asked leaning closer to the glass.

"The same way any other nigga be doing illegal shit? Put the two together genius. A african-american, young, rich, nigga. And illegal duties? Thats a stereotype."

"Im not labeling you a stereotype."

"Fine." He whispered.

"The dancers arent coming into work." She said.

"Thats fine. When I get off this fucking bail, Ill make sure their either on the poles or graves. They think life is so easy. Like I dont know shit, they worked for me for what 6 years and dont know Im smarter than most men on this earth?" He scoffed.

"Cool out. I paid that girl you almost, you know hurt, alot of money to keep quiet about Jarelle." She said softly into the phone.

"Um. I care because?"

"Im helping your ass not get in more trouble." Cyrillè spat.

"Cut the attitude." He said rolling his eyes at her. Just as Cyrillè was about to speak again the phone cut off. He sat the phone on the hook and grabbed his crutches, then stood watch her gathering her things.

His knuckles pressed against the window for a soft knock as she looked up and raised her eyebrow.

"Wheres Celeste?" He mouthed.

She shrugged her shoulders and left the visitation hall. The patroller escorted Chris back to his holding cell. Where he's been for 3 days.

Watching them lock up the cell, he laid down onto the hard spring bed.

"Ooh, Celeste. When I get out this bitch." He ranted over in over softly. Bail was 10 grand, but he would be sentenced to a year of probation. Which he didnt care much about. The sentence hearing was on Monday morning. It was only Friday, he didnt want to be here for long but he had no other choice.

Celeste was gone. All her clothes, everything she had basically had in her townhome and Chris's home was gone. She wanted a new start. She'd be a complete idiot to stay here for him. Wait for him. She was moving up to New York. Her cousin Cameron and her stayed in touch often and she found it a way to be closer with someone. Tiarè was glad she left Chris. But she also warned Celeste that, it wasnt over.

Taking a deep breath, she knocked on the door to her cousins home.

Opening the door was the same Cameron she hadn't seen in so long. They embraced each other in a deep hug. "So good to see you, come in. We can unpack later." He suggested.

"When was the last time I've seen you?" Celeste chuckled following him inside the home. His home was luxurious, but nothing like Chris'.

"Maybe my high school graduation? But you thirsty? I know it was a long drive." He said to her as she took a seat on the small couch.