Three

Once they were back in their hotel room after Oscar's testing and their visit to the Yas Mall, they fell into a comfortable routine. Oscar helped Maeve with her heels, a ritual that had become second nature to him over the years.

"I'm going off to the shower," Maeve announced, already planning her post- outing pampering.

Not even two minutes had passed when Oscar called out, "Maeve, have you seen my t-shirts? I can only find your clothes in the wardrobe."

Maeve's voice drifted from the bathroom, "They are in the drawer. I had to make some space for myself."

Once Maeve emerged from the shower, Oscar made his way to the bathroom. From inside, he called out, "This smells nice. Can I use this?"

Maeve, who was busy drying her hair, replied, "Yeah, sure. Just don't empty the bottle."

"Can you get me a towel?" Oscar requested.

Without a word, Maeve fetched a towel for him, her actions speaking volumes about their comfort and ease with each other.

Once Oscar emerged from his shower, he found Maeve sitting on the edge of the bed, two cans from the mini fridge in hand, and she was scrolling through the TV channels.

"England vs. Australia, last ODI today. Wanna watch? I think the match is still going on," Maeve asked, her eyes glinting with excitement.

A wide smile spread across Oscar's face. "You bet," he replied, genuinely pleased. They settled down on the bed, cans in hand, ready to enjoy the thrilling cricket match together.

.

"God, that was a disaster for England," Maeve groaned, clearly disappointed with the outcome of the cricket match.

Oscar leaned back, his arm casually draped over the backrest of the bed, and said with a playful smirk, "Australia is simply better, my love."

Maeve playfully swatted his arm, and they both laughed.

They both settled comfortably next to each other on the bed, a pillow placed between them as if it were an unspoken boundary. Oscar turned to Maeve with curiosity.

"Did you check the group chat?" he asked, referring to the ongoing discussion about their New Year's trip.

Maeve shook her head. "Not yet. I'm waiting for them to finish, and then I'll read it."

"They're discussing the New Year's trip, and you should voice your opinion," Oscar suggested.

Maeve sighed, her frustration evident. "Have you not noticed? It's always Kiera's opinion that finally matters. When have they ever considered any other suggestion?"

A contemplative silence hung between them for a few minutes. Then Oscar spoke up. "St. Tropez."

Maeve raised an eyebrow. "Fancy, that's nice." Oscar gently reminded her, "But you wanted to go to Lisbon."

Maeve nodded, acknowledging the inconsistency. "It's one vacation with the friend squad. It's okay if they want to go somewhere else."

"We can go to Portugal during my summer break," Oscar assured her.

Maeve hummed in agreement. Then, Oscar changed the subject, his voice soft and earnest. "Why don't we ditch them all, spend Christmas with your mum, and then fly to Melbourne for New Year's with my family? My sisters love you, and my mum loves you more than me, in fact."

Maeve contemplated the idea, her emotions swirling. "It's okay, Ossie. I'm fine with St. Tropez. Archie is the one that matters, not Kiera."

Oscar couldn't resist probing a little deeper. "Archie is the one that matters, or Archie is the love of your life?"

Maeve rolled her eyes, her cheeks flushing slightly. "Shut up."

"Tell him, why don't you?" Oscar pressed.

Maeve sighed, her voice tinged with uncertainty. "And what, lose the years of friendship I have with him? Get tagged as a boyfriend-stealer? No, thank you."

Their conversation hung in the air, the unspoken feelings and complicated dynamics of their friendship casting a shadow.

.

The next morning, as the sun painted the Abu Dhabi sky with hues of gold and orange, Oscar headed to the McLaren garage as scheduled. Meanwhile, Maeve took the opportunity to look up some of the finest restaurants in the area and made reservations for a special evening.

When Oscar returned to their hotel room, he found Maeve in front of the mirror, her fingers expertly working through her hair. He couldn't help but notice that she had set aside a stylish shirt for him to wear.

"No hoodie allowed?" Oscar asked, slightly teasing her.

Maeve turned and flashed him a playful yet determined smile. "Nope. I have a reservation for a fancy restaurant tonight. Plus, your neck's going to get thicker during the season, so you better wear these shirts now."

Oscar chuckled and nodded in agreement, appreciating her attention to detail.

After getting dressed, they made their way to the restaurant. The ambiance was elegant, and the aromas of delicious cuisine filled the air. As they savored their meal, the conversation turned reflective.

"Well, this year till now has been kind," Maeve began, her voice soft and reflective. "A great term at uni, new friends, one nice interview, so I have a lot to be grateful for. To Mum, to Edward, my prospective step-papa, to my friends, and to you, for your patience and for always being there."

Oscar listened attentively, a warm smile on his face. "Well, I'm grateful for my new job, for McLaren who trust and welcomed me, good food, my family, and, of course, to you," he replied, his eyes locked with hers.

Maeve raised her drink, a twinkle of emotion in her eyes. "Stay with me?" she asked.

"Forever," Oscar replied, clinking his glass against hers.

OscarPiastri

Liked by landonorris, maevebeaumont and others

OscarPiastri  Thankful for a lot of things this year.

Tagged maevebeaumont

User 3 she's everything

User 2 she is soo pretty , is she your gf

ArchieObrien Not grateful for me

    ↳ Kierasilva these are who you call friends?

    ↳ OscarPiastri did you fly a continent to see me?

Ferrieraisabel  like you should be

maevebeaumont I love sappy Oscar
         ↳ OscarPiastri never doing it again 

User 5 ferrari might have just found their rival in hot WAGs like damn