19

vote and comment(●'◡'●)

The sound of the dhol rang all around as the baraat made the way towards the venue... Yash was seated on a horse, cladded in white and nude pink sherwani, a turban adorning his head, a jewel made of the nine ratans hung around his neck and a wide smile was etched on his face...the groom's family moved along with the horse and dhol dancing....

The men from the bride's family all stood Infront of the venue to welcome the baraat...the ladies giggled as they watched the baraat moving, from the windows...

Kiara stood watching the bride who was hugging her parents...a lone tear rolled down her cheeks which she didn't bother to wipe it away....she wore a nude brown lehenga with ornaments...a dupatta hung on her left shoulder and her right hand holding a clutch and phone...

''come on guys...its time for you to join your fiancé in the mandap....your soon to be husband is waiting for you in the mandap grinning like a creep...lets go before he comes here by himself to drag you to the mandap''

Priya who was cladded in a heavy lehenga similar to that of yash's sherwani, just laughed shaking her head at Kiara's words as they both knew Yash wouldn't hesitate to do that...

The whole venue was decorated with nude colours...the fragrance of the flowers spread all around the hall...all the relatives were seated and were waiting for the Dulhan to appear...Yash stood their grinning just as Kiara told...the background song changed as the bride entered the hall dancing with her cousins and friends training behind her...

yash's eyes filled with tears as he watched the love of his life...as soon as she reached near the mandap Yash helped her to get on the mandap...soon the rituals started...kanyadaan, jaimala ceremony, saat pheras

Kiara clicked pictures of them with her polaroid as they did the 7 pheras together...after taking their vows together, they sat down on the mandap...Yash filled Priya's hairline with sindoor and tied the Mangal sutra around her neck sealing their lives together for the rest of their life...

they both got up and got blessings from the elders...the other rituals followed...

soon it was time for the newly wedded bride to bid her byes to her parents...

Priya cried her heart out clutching her fathers sherwani...her mother stood beside him holding her daughters hand...soon they parted their ways...

The brides and the grooms family returned to their own homes...Kiara retired herself towards her room...

KIARA

I really feal like a mom after sending off my daughter...damn!... I'm so tired...by the looks the both newly weds were giving each other, I'm sure I'll be coming back to India before a year ends to see my niece or nephew...

I dropped down on my bed, taking the polaroid and the pictures out of my clutch, which is a bit big for it to be called as a clutch...I laid it on the bed...there were so many of them...it had one of Arya gobbling down a whole piece of cake, risha pulling Arya's hair...one of dad kissing Ammi's forehead, other one of Yash and Priya when they did their vows, and another one when he applied sindoor...and one of me sneakily gulping down a small bottle of vodka which I had kept well hidden in my clutch...

don't judge me, ok?...my socially awkward ass would never tolerate a crowd of people more than 500 without being tipsy..i always keep a stash of vodka with me..

but a dork who is unfortunately my brother who knew me very well took a picture of me standing on the backstage with my right leg placed on a small stool gulping down my anti-anxiety drink...