8

☁️Slight fluff☁️
With y/n:

You pulled the blankets off your bed and made your way out on deck spotting Mohji already making his way up to he crows nest. You pass the table of gamblers and start you climb to the top.

One you made it up Mohji greeted you and helped you in. "Hello again y/n." He smiled setting down the blankets and pillows to sit on. You both sat and got comfortable underneath the blankets. Looking out at the sunset you let yourself relax and snuggle into your thick quilted blanket.

"So.. what's up with your neck?" His question made you freeze. "I noticed Captain Buggy was a bit protective of it earlier." 'Protective? I didn't even realize. Maybe it'll happen sooner than I thought?' You thought to yourself. "So?" Mohji pressed further moving to sit closer you. You shift towards him unconsciously searching for some comfort and warmth as the sun had set and the temperature began to rapidly drop.

He pulled one of his legs up underneath him and turned to face you waiting for you to speak. "It's kinda complicated." You mutter. "I'm sure I'll understand if you explain it." He placed a hand on your leg offering a comforting presence. "It was for the plan. Buggy and I had to convince Alvida we used all the money on our honeymoon. In order to sell the lie-" you paused too embarrassed to finish. "Go on y/n." Mohji said in his usual soft loving voice. "It's a bite from Captain Buggy." You said avoiding eye contact. He was silent for only a second before bombarding you with heath questions. "Did you clean it? Is that why you were so tired? Do you think it could be infected? I really hope it's not but there's always a chance with unsterile injuries." He was obviously very worried about you.

You laughed lightly and covered his mouth. "Yes, yes, I cleaned it and it's not infected." You smile seeing him physically relax after hearing that. You remove your hand from his mouth only for him to stop you. He grabbed your hand and opened your palm laying it on the side of his face while looking into your eyes with an unidentifiable passion. "I'm glad you're here y/n." He said softly making everything inside you want to jump on him and hug him, so you did.

You pulled him closer and hugged him tightly. He hugged you back just as tightly if not more almost as if he was scared you'd fade away if he let go. "I'm glad I'm here too Mohji." He gave you one final squeeze before pulling away. "It's getting late isn't it?" He asked looking out to the horizon. "Only getting colder." You mention.

He looked at you conflicted as his mind ran rapid with thought of being close to you throughout the night but if his captain found out.. "Do you want me to stay here with you tonight?" You ask hesitantly. "It's just so cold and I know body heat is a great source of heat."

He looked at you in shock. "Did you just read my mind?" He asked in a serious tone. Your face went blank as you both stared at each other. The silence was deafening until you spoke up. "I can't read minds." You say quietly. You both just stare at each other before bursting into laughter.

"Keep it down up there!" One of the crew members yelled. You both jump and hushed looking at each other again. The silence became too much and you both chucked softly. "So I take it you don't regret turning Captain Buggy into a neko?" He questioned sitting back and letting his back rest on the wall of the crows nest, your shoulders touching. "I suppose it was one of the best decisions of my life." A small content smiles danced across your features as you look out at the sea. "Beautiful." You hear him whisper beside you.

You turn to him blushing hard. His gaze was so bright and full of emotion you got lost in it. You feel his hand cup your cheek and allow yourself to melt into his touch. "You're so beautiful." He said again. You let him lean in and place a gentle kiss on your cheek, then again on your jaw, then again on your forehead, and again on your other cheek. Peppering your face with kisses as he lays you down on your back. You wrap your arms around his neck and pull him down. But just before your lips could meet there was a yell..

"Y/n! Captain Buggy needs your help!"

'Oh god' you think. Mohji backs away and helps you up. Even in the confusion that loving look in his eyes never faltered. "I'll bring your stuff back to your room." He said collecting your things. "Thank you." You stand on your tippy toes and place a peck on his cheek making him blush. "Tonight was fun I'm sorry it got cut short." You say. "Maybe we can hangout again sometime." He said smiling at you. "Definitely but for now I have to go see what I can help Captain with. I'll see you later Mohji." You say as you descend the later. "Yeah, see you later y/n." He says.