Wattpad Original
There are 15 more free parts

Chapter 13: Pretty Boy

Prince Edward took a couple of steps back, his eyes still on Archie. He looked unfazed as if he did not care about being walked in on while he was trying to get cozy with the stable boy. Archie was still shocked frozen, unable to process what had just happened.

"Maybe you are," the prince snapped, finally turning around to face the man who had disturbed them.

Sir Christian looked at the royal warily, and Archie could tell that he was biting his tongue to stop himself from speaking what was really on his mind. He had to be careful with his words, considering who the man he was saying them to was.

"I apologize, Your Highness," Sir Christian spoke with a sickly sweet yet snide smile. "Prince Kenric is looking for Archie. I came to fetch him."

"I see," Edward returned the contemptuous grin as he nodded. "Can he not wait? Archie and I were just getting to know each other. From what I hear, he needs to practice for the tournament too."

"I'm afraid not," every word that left the knight's lips was sharp and full of contempt. "The prince insisted that it was an urgent matter and that he requires Archie right this instant."

"I wonder what could be this dire that a prince would be so persistent in demanding a stable boy's presence," the blond retorted.

"You might know, you seem eager to be in Archie's presence as well," Sir Christian stated, making his distrust apparent. "Besides, I do not ask questions when my prince gives me an order."

"A good lap dog, are you not?" Edward said. The fake smile fell from the knight's face in an instant, changing into a glare as he lost all sense of false politeness. His body tensed as he straightened his shoulders, narrowing his eyes at the other man. Before he could respond, the prince continued. "I meant that as a compliment, of course. All leaders require loyal soldiers like yourself."

"A compliment, of course," Sir Christian repeated, his jaw tight. "If this is all then Archie and I need to go now."

"I shall let you be," the prince said before turning around to face Archie once again. He smirked as he looked at the stable boy from head to toe and then back up again. "And I will see you around..."

The prince mouthed 'pretty boy', not saying the words out loud so that only Archie could know. Archie was stunned once again as he whipped his head to no longer look at the prince, making him chuckle as he began walking away from the two men. Once he was gone and they could no longer hear his footsteps, Sir Christian stepped closer to the stable boy, staring at him with concern.

"What did he want?" The knight asked.

"Nothing," Archie muttered.

He did not know what to say to his friend. Was he supposed to tell him that the crown prince was attempting to flirt with him? Would the knight even believe him, for that matter? Who would? After all, Archie was just the stable boy.

"Archie..." Sir Christian spoke softly, keeping a reassuring hand on the other man's arm. "You can tell me anything, you know that."

"I know," Archie mumbled.

"Was he threatening you? I do not care if he is a goddamn prince or a farmer, nobody gets to mess with you. Nobody!" The knight exclaimed. Archie let out a dry laugh as he shook his head, before finally looking at Sir Christian and shrugging.

"No," Archie continued, "he was doing quite the opposite of that, actually."

"What do you mean by tha—" Sir Christian paused, his eyes widening as he realized what Archie was trying to convey. The blush on Archie's face and his flustered antics were a dead giveaway and the knight could not believe that he had not figured it out already, considering the proximity in which he had caught the two men. "Oh. Oh! Oh?"