Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Chapter 28: Sins Of The Father

"Me?" Archie questioned. "But how can I— Kenric is the warrior here, not me."

"He may be," Celeste hummed. "But he does not possess the weapon that can kill her. You do."

"The bow," Archie connected the dots.

"You are the only one left that can use it to its full potential. Its full power," the witch spoke.

"But the bow—" Sir Christian paused, he looked at his mother, seeming a little panicked.

"You three. Hide in the other room. Christian, be a dear and use a barrier spell," Celeste ordered.

Kenric and Archie were confused, but they did not have the time to argue as Sir Christian ushered them into the bedroom. Once inside, the knight locked the door before muttering some words that were incoherent to the others, making a silver barrier of energy form over the wall.

"This should keep us hidden from them," Sir Christian whispered. "Or at least protect us for some time if they try to enter."

"Protect us from who?" Kenric asked.

He was on high alert once again. The prince hated not knowing what dangers lay ahead of him. The uncertainty of this life was something that he was used to. But it was different this time as he not only had to protect himself and his knight but also the person who meant everything to him.

"Sh," Christian kept a finger on his lips, motioning the others to stay quiet.

Their question was soon answered as they heard the sound of the front door opening, followed by the noise of several footsteps. Kenric could not tell how many people had walked in, but he knew it had to be at least three or more.

"Abraham, Gwen, Draco," Celeste spoke calmly. "To what do I owe this unexpected visit? Not that I am not thrilled to see you lot!"

"There is news of intruders in our land," spoke one of them. Their voices were not very audible, but the three could still make parts of the conversation happening outside.

"Intruders? That is impossible," Celeste gasped, putting on her best show. "Nobody knows the way to Bluestone Lake."

"It seems we are wrong," came the response. "I found their tracks outside. Three of them. And my poor pet Iris was hurt, someone attacked her!"

'Pet?' Mouthed Kenric, thinking of the giant lizard bird creature that Sir Christian had used his magic against. The knight simply shrugged as if it was not a big deal.

"Oh no, is she okay? Do you need me to make a healing salve for her? You know those are my specialty, she will be fine in just a day," Celeste offered.

"There is no need for that, she is resting now," the person replied. "But tell us, do you know who it is that has entered our realm? There are rumors flying already that...that humans are part of the intruding group."

"Humans?" Celeste scoffed. "No human would dare to step foot here."

"Unless they are accompanied by a witch or a warlock, which they clearly are since one attacked my baby."

"Maybe," Celeste said. "I do not know anything, but if I find something, then I will be sure to let you know."

"All right," the voice seemed unsure. As if they had not quite bought Celeste's lies. "I hope you know the consequence of lying to me, Celeste. And of harboring humans here."

"Do not threaten me, Abraham," the witch snapped. "I was the one that taught you to read and write."

"And thanks to you, I am part of the council now," Abraham retorted.

icon lock

Show your support for kara, and continue reading this story

by kara
@howtosellmysoul
Season 2 of In Another Era Bound by a forbidden love, Prince Kenric a...
Unlock a new story part. Your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.
See how Coins support your favorite writers like @howtosellmysoul.