XIX

As me and my sister walked into our house, we were greeted by the sound of yelling (as always). This time, it was actually my mom scolding my other sister for something the author is to lazy to think of and I speed-walked upstairs to my room and shut the door, waving to my sister and thanking her beforehand.

I was wondering where my father was, but if I was being honest- I didn't want to know. So instead I faced another issue I could think of.

 I called Wilbur, the phone ringing a few times. 

"Hello?" Techno had answered.

"Uhm- hey- why do you-"

"Have his phone? Phil took it. Don't ask me why he did, but eh. Phil gave it to me for the evening because I'm 'trusted'." I could practically hear him rolling his eyes.

"Ok- well, can you, like-"

"Give it back? I suppose. But can I be in the room while you talk? I have a pretty clean record with Phil so far and I'd like to keep it that way."

"Uhm- I- yeah sure.

Wilbur's POV:

I was sitting at my desk when Technoblade burst in the door, my phone in hand.

"Techno, how did you get that-?" He paused for a second, glanced at the phone, then back at me.

"Your friend's on the phone." I was trying to read his expression. I think we could both tell I was distressed.

"What one.?"

"Alex." Then he tossed the phone at me and quickly closed the door, standing in the corner of the room.

"Uhm- are you gonna-"

"Leave, no, I'm not."

I could hear Alex laugh over the phone and say something that I couldn't hear. I missed that laugh. 

Techno laughed slightly and I moved the phone up to my ear.

"Hello, Q."

"Wilbur, why didn't you answer my call last night?"

I hesitated. "Phil took my phone. I didn't even knew you had called-" I was about to continue but I heard him scoff and I knew he was upset with that answer.

"I uhm- I'm really sorry Quackity, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, there's just-"

"I know. It's fine."

It was the first time I had heard my 'crushes' voice in a while, but it felt like everything I said was wrong. I didn't even know why it was wrong either, but it really hurt.

/ whoops I didn't mean to let this go for a whole month 😭🥲 stay healthy kids <3 /