𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝟯

𝗝 𝗔 𝗞 𝗘

My eyes open to darkness except the candles I left lit. The cold, musky smell of vanilla and chocolate with a masculine hint gives me comfort and helps me get the few hours of sleep I do get. My eyes adjust and I remember that I'm in my room. I take a quick glance and, empty. As it always is except for Vito who loves to sleep snuggled in my jacket on the sofa in front of my window. I turn over and the imprint of a body lies next to me.

Why is this familiar ? My body controls itself and sits up on the side of the bed, completely ignoring the mysterious body in my bed. I stared at the floor that seemed to be flooded with a layer of water but for some reason my feet were still dry.

"Babe ? Are you okay ?" A voice muffled. The voice was nearly inaudible but my subconscious mind knew whagvwas said.

"Yes My Love. I'm alright, go back to bed" My mouth spoke. Not again. I'm not sure I'm even surprised anymore.

"Baby you're up again, what's the matter ? Look at me"

I turned and looked at her face. So, so very beautiful. So pure and even with sleep in her eyes they still blaze into mine. She kissed me, pulling me into her arms. I can't feel it. Why can't I feel it ? I pulled her closer, squeezing her body with all my strength. My nails dug into her skin but nothing brings her close. Nothing helps me feel her touch. Her face, shoulders, waist, thighs. I pulled and scratched for her, hoping to feel something.

It's like trying to run in your sleep and only speed walking. Or trying to fight off someone and barely grazing them. I never stop trying to feel her but each time it's the same situation. I know I'm pulling her but I can't feel her body in my hands and it's frustrating. She pulled from the kiss and placed another on my head. Tears flooded my eyes and the longing grew more.

"I've got you. Just rest"

"Stay" I wept in her chest. She's going again.

"I'm here, just rest"

"Love don't leave me ! Please !"

"Shhh" The voice faded with her body and I was alone again. Darkness.

"STOP !! Please you're hurting me !!! MOMMY !!" This voice belonged to a little boy. He screamed in terror and pain.

"SHUT UP BOY!" A man's voice growled loudly. Anger.

"Don't hurt him !" Another young boy. Younger than the first.

"Shut up!! Don't say anything!"

"You don't know how to mind your business ?"

My eyes opened and there they were. The man had the boy bawled up in a corner with his hands held high, shielding his body. The man was in control obviously. His fists bawled tightly and dripping with blood. Across the room was the youngest boy, he protested against the ordeal. This angered the man and he walked over to the younger boy with aggression in his demeanor.

A slap to his face sent him to the ground in tears. His pale skin was reddened and imprinted with the large hand. Tears fell across his face probably burning from the hard hit. Blood dripped from the poor boy's nose onto his quivering lip.