𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝟮𝟳

𝙅 𝘼 𝙆 𝙀

As soon as I walked inside my parents house I was greeted by Cara's little arms reaching up to me. I picked her up and gave her hugs then she showed me her new purple shirt that her grandpa got her. As I started talking to her, my mom, Ally and another woman walked in. She's completely unfamiliar to me. I quickly scanned her face to get a look at her but my eyes were drawn to the bruise around her left eye and neck, a scar on her cheek and a medical wrap around her wrist.

"Did I come at a bad time ?" I ask, a little uncomfortable now but not nearly as uncomfortable as she is.

"Not at all. Jake this is Elaine, Alex's wife. Elaine this is our younger brother Jake" Ally introduces us to each other.

"Cara come here honey, let's go check on Caden" My mother reached her hand out for Cara to take so I put her down and they left the room to us three.

"His wife ?" My forehead creased.

She pushed her lips together and humped her shoulders. "You look shocked. Is it really that bad ?"

"He did that to you ?"

"I've seen worse in the last eight years of being with him"

"Wait wait" I shake my head in shock and confusion. "So where is he ?"

"I don't know. And I hope I never find out"

"I'm so out of context. Why are either of you here ?"

(A/N: The twins are currently 27. They're two years older than Jake who's 25. When they last were in Houston they were 21 and Jake was 19. Stay with me on the times)

"Sit" Ally sat on the couch and we did the same. "I'm sure you remember what happened when we came here last time..well when we got back home it became a big argument between us. He was mad that you had a target on him and I kept trying to tell him that he was wrong for saying what he said. The fight turned physical and it got so bad that the neighbors called the police. Like an idiot, I didn't press charges and he was back at home. Since Lizzy took us in she always stresses that we stick together and I had no one else so I couldn't just turn my back on Alex, he's my brother after all. A few months later I met the kids' father and Alex hated him. Because of that I didn't see Alex for a year and a half."

(A/N: At this time they were 22, months away from turning 23 so she had Cara at 22 *5 years ago* Cara's birthday hasn't passed so she's 4. Stay with me)

" I had a family and I was happy. But that ended once he found out. He threatened my husband, me and even Cara all because he didn't accept my husband who actually loved me as a wife and not a piece of ass. He went so far as to having an affair with my husband's boss to get control over her and his job"

"Where is your husband now ?"

"Dead. After Alex got him fired from his job he framed him for raping a woman from the office and paid her to say my husband did it. Carter would never violate a woman or her space and it took nearly three years and every cent we had to prove that."

(A/N: Alex did all that in the span of a just under a year. By then they were 23 and Cara was a few months old. Six months after Carter was fired, he got arrested. Stay with me.)