Chapter Three

Did he really just say that?! That he likes me? Ponyboy kissed me and I grabbed some of his shirt, pulling him closer to me, and kissing back. I heard a whistling sound as someone came closer. I looked up to see Dally and our eyes met. He turned around and walked the other way, soon jogging. I turned my attention back to Ponyboy and kissed him again. After making out for a while, we just sat there, all cuddled up.

It started getting dark so me and Pony made our way back home. I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, brushing his lips. I walked into my house to see Drew crying.

"What's wrong Drew?" I asked.
"Kathryn. She cheated on me. She's pregnant with another baby. I loved her so much." He bawled.
"That son of a bitch!" I screamed.
"I'm alright, Claudia. Get some rest you seem tired." I loved how he always cared about me. Putting me before him.
"Okay, but I'm gonna have a talk sooner or later with Kathryn." I smirked.
"That'll be tough. She moved to Florida." Drew replied, his voice cracking.

I growled. How could she do that to my brother? He was so sweet and kind and handsome, how could anyone not want him?

I got into my bed and looked out the window. A small rock bounced off it and hour later and I got up. Out the window was Ponyboy, waving to get my attention. He pointed, trying to tell me to come outside, and I listened. I slowly opened the front door, making sure not to wake Drew. He was sound asleep in his own room. Outside, Pony pulled me in and kissed me. I rubbed my hands through his hair. I loved him so much. He started kissing me on the neck, moving to my lips

"I love you." I said through the kisses.
"I love you too." He answered.

I went back to my room after hours of love. I couldn't believe that Ponyboy loved me.

I woke up the next morning and got ready for the day. I made my way over to the Curtis house and surprised Ponyboy with a kiss to wake him up. He grinned and pulled me next to him. We cuddled in bed until we heard that Darry and Soda were awake too. I took his hand and brought him downstairs for breakfast.

"Look at the lovebirds." Darry cooed.
"I'm starving, let's eat!" Soda exclaimed.

I got a plate and filled it with eggs and bacon. Then I poured some milk into a glass and gulped it down. I didn't realized how hungry I was until now. I ate my food pretty fast and grabbed Pony's hand under the table.

"I got to go. See you later." Pony said as he got up, kissing my forehead.

After he left, Soda tapped my arm.

"Pony really loves you, Clauds. He can't stop talking about you." He smiled.

I blushed. It felt so good to have someone love you, for you.

I met Pony at the Nightly Double for a date. I think it was some beach movie playing, which I hate, but if it means I can be with Pony, I would do almost anything. He bought some popcorn and cokes and we cuddled as we watched the movie. Our hands touched a couple times as we reached for popcorn and we would always hesitate, every time it happened. We walked home after the movie sharing a jacket. I could feel his body heat against mine and it warmed me up. Even though it was May, nights can get pretty cold.

I didn't realize I fell asleep at the Curtis house after the movie. Drew must be really worried. It was 2 in the morning and I got up and went back to my house. I walked in slowly and ran up to my room. I pulled the covers over my head as I heard Drew walking down the hallway.

"I know you're awake." Drew said, teasingly.
"How'd you know?" I laughed.
"Soda told me you fell asleep at their house. Did you have fun last night?" Drew asked.
"Yeah." I answered.
"Okay, get some sleep, you need a lot of rest for tomorrow." He smirked.

What does he mean by I need a lot
of rest for tomorrow? I didn't have enough energy to ponder over that thought and I fell asleep right as my
head hit the pillow.

"Happy birthday, Clauda!" a group of people screamed.

I opened my eyes to see Drew, Dally, Ponyboy, Sodapop, Darry, Johnny, Two-Bit and Steve surrounding my bed. Drew was holding a chocolate cake with 15 candles in it. I totally forgot about my birthday!

"Wow! I can't believe you're fifteen!" Drew awed.
"She's a year older than you now." Soda nudged Ponyboy in the ribs.

I saw that Dally's face seem to lose some color and he left the room. I didn't feel like chasing him so I just enjoyed the celebration and hugged everyone in the gang.

"Aww thank you guys so much! You don't know how much this means to me!" I squealed.

"And for your present, meet me at the lot at 7 pm." Pony smiled.

I couldn't wait for tonight. I kept pondering over what the present might be.

I arrived at the lot in my white short shorts with a blue and purple tank. I wore my old white converse, I need to get a new pair, and my hair point straight. I saw Ponyboy sitting down by a huge tree with a bonfire all set up. He knew how much I loved bonfires.

When I was little, my parents would always take me and Drew to campsites and we would have bonfires with other people who are camping. We did it every year until Dad died. We stopped that tradition because it wouldn't be the same without him. My dad would always burn his marshmallows so I would give him mine, and I would pretend to eat the burnt one, but I always fed it to one of the families dog that was at the bonfire.

I looked at everyone sitting around the fire. Drew, the gang, and then there was someone hiding in the shadows.

"You look lovely, Claudia."

No it couldn't be. It was my mom.