CHAPTER 4: DANGEROUS RESCUE

We were just standing by the spiral staircase looking down as we watched different Eaters walk by, deciding what approach to make. We silently stepped away from the spiral staircase and huddled together to make a plan.

"We have to kill the Eaters before we move this yacht," Mai Ling stated the obvious. "They can't all climb up the spiral staircase at once. It's narrow, plus they will fall over each other."

"As they come up, We strike their heads." Mr. Wu said.

"We must stand in a full circle," I suggested. "It will be easier to strike them."

Mr. Wu and Mr. Jeong quietly removed whatever dishware and ornaments that were on the table then placed it on the floor. Mr. Wu and Mr. Jeong picked up the round table, tilting it over on its side blocking the entrance to keep the Eaters from flooding into our floor. Everyone took their place, weapons in hand. Both men stood behind the safety of the table as we three women circled the banister. Mr. Wu whistled as Mr. Jeong banged on the table, getting the attention of the Eaters below. They began running up the narrow spiral case, knocking others back down the stairs as they greedily tried to get to us first. Mrs. Jeong swung her Geom slicing the Eaters head in half. It fell back onto the other Eaters behind it that were savagely growling to get to their next meal. The way they growled and chomped their teeths made me cringe inside. It was a disturbing sound.

Eater after Eater kept dropping dead, dead as everyone stuck to the plan. One Eater climbed over another Eater and grabbed Mai Ling's boot, making her fall to the floor. Mrs. Jeong sliced off the hand of the Eater, who still had a grip on Mai Ling's boot. She quickly crawled backwards, until she jumped to her feet again, kicking the severed hand back to its owner, landing in its mouth. Three points in my book.

The Eaters eventually stopped rushing up the stairs very much to our relief. Either we killed them all or there was very little left. We banged on the banister a few times to get the attention of whatever remaining Eaters, but none came when we called.

Mr. Wu and Mr. Jeong both removed the table as I was the first to ascend the spiral stairs slowly and carefully as I pushed Eaters with my foot out of the way, watching them fall with a thump on the floor below. Mai Ling was close behind me with her staff ready in her hand to attack in case an Eater revived or ran up to us unexpectedly. My big brown eyes were opened wide as I scanned the area. Mai Ling was soon standing right next to me along with the rest of our group. I only counted 12 Eaters that we killed.

Mr. Jeong informed us that he was heading upstairs to start the yacht for us to take off. Mrs. Jeong followed her husband as the rest of us looked around. We heard a sound behind the door that read staff and immediately prepared our weapons. Mai Ling took hold of the handle, looking at us to give her the sign that we were ready. Mr. Wu and I nodded and she turned the handle, swinging the door open, standing behind it. We were about to strike when two people fell to their knees begging us to not kill them.

"What the hell?" Mr. Wu lowered his weapon.

The girl was dressed in a waiter outfit that was too big on her and the guy was I guess a guest of the wedding party. He bowed continuously, thanking us for saving them. The girl was too busy pouting as she adjusted her clothes and hair.

We heard the engine and soon began moving through the water leaving the chaos behind us.

"How long have the two of you been in there?" Mr. Wu asked.

The girl rolled her eyes as she folded her arms across her chest taking a seat. "I don't know how long," she said irritatedly. "All I know is that I was in the middle of a very important text from my agent when hell broke loose." She pouted like a child. I actually recognized her from a few movies that I have seen. She's an American actress. Her name is Louisiana Summers. I just looked at her wondering what she was doing here out of all places, plus her behavior was annoying me. It's like she didn't care about anyone or anything other than herself. She's definitely not nice like the magazine and live interviews had portrayed her. "I left my home, California just to attend my cousin's wedding and make her look good because I'm a movie star and she will get a lot of publicity and be featured in the wedding magazine of the year for having a famous relative attend," the more she talked, the more annoyed I got. She said a few other things, but I didn't pay much attention. I walked over to the window, sliding it open for fresh air and for the water to drown out her voice.