CHAPTER 7: TOO LATE! PT 2

Hyunjin pulled out two daggers, holding it in each hand. They were running low on ammunition and needed to spare as much as they could in order to protect the girls. Ji-Hun also armed himself with daggers, then nodded to Hyunjin. Both men opened the door and went into the hallway. The door behind them immediately closed and barricaded as Eater after Eater attacked them. Hyunjin pulled out the key card and opened the door to the girls room and quickly entered with Ji-Hun shutting the door behind them.

"Choon-Hee! Yeona!" Hyunjin called out as he walked further into the room. "Girls? Where are y..." Hyunjin stopped calling for them when he saw his brother place his hand up to stop. They both faced the closed bathroom door.

Ji-Hun placed his ear against the door and lightly knocked on it. Both Hyunjin and Ji-Hun jumped when they heard a few bangs against the door followed by growls. "No," whispered Hyunjin as he slid down to the floor in disbelief. "This can't be."

Ji-Hun kneeled by his heartbroken brother, placed his hand on his shoulder then spoke to him. "Hyunjin," he shivered at what he was about to say. "We have to give them mercy. It's not right to leave them like that."

"What could have happened to them? I don't understand."

FLASHBACK: OUTBREAK AT THE HOTEL

Everyone was screaming as Eaters entered the hotel and began attacking. Eaters managed to chase some survivors up the stairwell, infecting all those they came into contact with. Those who weren't infected were trying to get away from family and friends that have turned into Eaters.

"Yeona," Choon-Hee's small voice quivered in fear. "We have to leave and find Uncle Hyunjin ok? Hold my hand." Choon-Hee placed the key card in the front chest pocket of her butterfly overalls.Yeona quivered in fear as the sound of screaming people was heard through the closed door. Choon-Hee, firmly holding her baby sister's hand slowly opened the door and saw the chaos of some survivors fighting the Eaters while others cowered, falling to the floor making it easier for the Eaters to attack. Choon-Hee, still holding Yeona's hand, walked towards the staircase about to open the door when it suddenly swung open. Dong Hyun was being chased by an Eater when he bumped into the girls. He picked up Choon-Hee who kicked and screamed as he threw her at the Eater to save himself. The Eater bit down on Choon-Hee's face who screamed in horror all while still holding her baby sister's hand. Yeona screamed in terror, huge tears overflowing, blocking her vision. The Eater then turned his attention to Yeona and attacked her as well. Choon-Hee's body started to shake and contort with cracking sounds as she began turning into an Eater. The Eater left them as it ran down the hall to attack a woman who screamed when she saw the little girl's flesh torn open after witnessing Dong-Hyun's cowardice.

The woman's husband used a leg that he broke off a chair and struck the Eater dead, dead. The woman saw the key card lying on the floor and quickly picked it up and opened the door as her husband pushed both girls into the room and locked them inside the bathroom. They couldn't bring themselves to give mercy to the little girls. They then both escaped and helped barricade the third floor stairway doors.

PRESENT

Hyunjin closed his eyes knowing that his brother was right, but he needed time to gather his courage to give mercy to the two little girls he came to love so much. Ji-Hun stood up and readied his gun. "Are you ready to give them mercy?"

Hyunjin remained on the floor and pointed his gun at the door. Ji-Hun slid the door open and Yeona was the first one to come running out towards Hyunjin. Choon-Hee ran right behind her, but was shot in the head by Ji-Hun and fell lifeless with a thud on the floor. Hyunjin pulled the trigger just as Yeona's little hands touched his shoulders. Her head fell back from the impact and her lifeless body fell limp on him. Her arms hanging on the sides, knee bent as Hyunjin held her close, crying uncontrollably. This is the pain Abbie felt when she had to kill her little brother Nolan. This is the nightmare that she has suffered since it happened. Now he will relive this nightmare as well. This pandemic is so fucking cruel and heartless. "I'm so sorry," Hyunjin apologized. After about an hour, Hyunjin gently placed Yeona on the bed, while Ji-Hun did the same for Choon-Hee.