CHAPTER 5: THE WORM

We all looked at each other disgusted. Yeona and Choon-Hee were pinching their noses and I couldn't blame them especially since Mr. Wu made both of the girls' necklaces out of the rotted intestines. Hyunjin made shoulder pads out of the Eaters lungs. Mr. Wu made use of the heart and Lt. Do Hyeon used the kidneys. To make matters worse, we were also doused with the Eaters blood, especially me. I felt my stomach slowly creeping up my esophagus. That's how bad it smelled.

Hyunjin picked up Choon-Hee and I Yeona once we blind folded them with sock Eater filth. Mr. Wu slowly opened the door, stepping out first to see if this experiment would work. An Eater walked by him without giving Mr. Wu a second glance or care. He wiggled his finger, that was the signal. We all started walking slowly out the apartment and towards the staircase, careful not to bump into any of the Eaters. Lt. Do Hyeon opened the staircase door carefully. He too wiggled his finger for us to follow. We began ascending the stairs to our getaway. There were four Eaters just standing making that eerie neck cracking head movement. They looked possessed if you ask me. We finally made it to the roof, securely locking the door behind us.

Lee Ji Hun smiled when he saw us running towards the chopper as he fired it up. He scrunched up his nose when the odor hit him. "Ewww, you all stink!"

"No shit Sherlock," Lt. Do Hyeon said. "Get us the fuck out of here now." The noise of the helicopter noise attracted the Eaters because they were banging on the roof door to get at us. I finally breathed easy once we lifted and were in the safety of the sky on our way home.

We safely made it back to Jeju Island. Mai Ling and Louisiana came running to the helicopter to help us.

"Ewwww," Louisiana took about 10 steps back away from us as she pinched her nose. "You guys stink!" she said in a weird voice.

Mai Ling chuckled as she greeted us. "Some things never change huh?"

Lt. Do Hyeon rolled his eyes as he jumped off the helicopter. "Tell us something that we don't already know about, Lou." He helped me off the chopper. Hyunjin passed over to us our new little survivors.

"This is Choon-Hee and her little sister Yeona," I introduced them to Louisiana and Mai Ling. "We need to get them washed up, food and to have a full check up."

"Will do," Mai Ling smiled down at the girls before she kneeled before them. "Hi, my name is Mai Ling. It's so nice to meet you."

Choon-Hee looked at Hyunjin, taking his hand hiding behind him. Yeona did the same with me. "I guess we will be accompanying you." Hyunjin said as he gently squeezed Choon-Hee's hand, getting a small smile from her as a reward. "Mai Ling and Louisiana are my and Abby's very good friends and they will make sure to take extra good care of you and Yeona."

"I don't want to leave you," Choon-Hee's eyes welled up with tears.

"I will come to see you and Yeona later today ok," He sniffed himself and with a disgusted look on his face, "I need to shower and wash my clothes. I stink!" He and Choon-Hee chuckled together.

"Ok Uncle Hyunjin," Choon-Hee smiled at him. "Come on Yeona, we stink too."

"I have to check in," Lt. Do Hyeon said. "See you both later." He took his leave as we all began walking together to the jeep.

Louisiana walked by Mr. Wu's side, watching our backs. "I can't believe those little babies were there with those...things."

"What those two experience, is what nightmares are made of. Hopefully with time, they will forget so they can have some type of normalcy in their life."

"Mr. Wu, one just doesn't forget trauma like that. I mean, where are their parents?" Louisiana turned her head side to side. "I don't recall any other adults getting off the chopper with them."