Chapter 13: Anything for My Girlfriend

You and Calli are at your house watching the Void Heart animated show.

Calli: "Not as awesome as the game, but still pretty good."

"Yep. Shows what one can do when they actually put effort into it."

Calli: "Yeah, and actually be faithful to the source material."

Calli received a text.

"Your parents?"

Calli: "No, some old friends."

She showed you a text that read "We're heading to a town where some of our relatives are staying. We can all meet up again. See you soon".

"Who are your friends?"

Calli: "Promise you won't freak out or get overly excited."

"They wouldn't happen to be live streamers themselves, would they?"

Calli: "They are, but will you act like you did when we first met?"

You chuckled.

"I won't. I'm still a big fan, but I've officially grown out of it."

Calli: "Okay."

She showed you her phone and a picture of her with her fellow live streamers, Gawr Gura, Takanashi Kiara, Ninomae Ina'nis, and Watson Amelia. You were left amazed, but remained calm for Calli.

"Oh yeah. I heard you guys were part of the same group for a bit. I heard about it from some schoolmates and decided to give it a shot. It was actually how I found out about you, and how I fell for you as a live streamer."

Calli: "You're surprisingly calm. And how you found out about me is not as creepy as I thought it would be."

"Well, some people you only learn about by listening to people and checking them out."

Calli: "I guess. Anyway, they're heading here since apparently each of them has some relatives living here. This town is a magnet for the unexpected."

"Hey, it's better than being a magnet for dangerous things. Like the town in the horror movie we saw a few days ago."

Calli: "Oh god, I'm surprised nobody decided to pack up and run even when the dark forces were getting more obvious."

"Well, that's horror movies. People are dumber than in real life. So when do you think they're getting here?"

Calli: "In two days."

"Have they ever been to this town?"

Calli: "Nope. Like me, they stayed in the cities."

"Then that means you can give them the tour of this place. You've been here for months, so you can introduce them to what you know."

Calli: "That'd be quite a role reversal. I think I'll give it a go, and I want you with me."

"Really?"

Calli: "Yeah. You showed me this place, and I think I should introduce them to my boyfriend."

"Still not entirely used to being called that."

Calli: "Well, this is something only the two of us know, so not unexpected. I think we'll have a good time."

"Sure. Anything for my girlfriend."

Calli smiled as she held your hand.