Chapter 17: Back to the City

You and Calli are sitting on the couch and watching TV.

"So, the others are heading back to their homes?"

Calli: "Yeah. They were spending a few days here before going back, but they had a lot of fun here. They even came to my house to play the arcade games we dragged back."

"I bet they did. Those games are classics."

Calli: "They are. I feel bad about having you have to drag all of them back to my house."

"Not the the first time I had to move stuff from one place to another. Don't worry about it."

You and Calli remain seated for a few minutes before going outside and watching the neighborhood as the breeze moved through it.

"Nice weather today."

Calli: "Yeah. You interested in heading back to the city?"

"If that would be okay with you."

Calli: "It is. I'm interested in seeing what's happening there with my own eyes."

"Yep. The news can't beat the real thing."

You and Calli went to the bus station and waited for your ride, as you did the last time you headed to the city.

"It's hard to believe we did this months ago."

Calli: "It is something we haven't done for a while. I guess we were having so much fun in town that visiting the city again didn't come to mind."

"Well, we're finally trying it again."

The bus arrived, and you and Calli took your seats as the bus departed for the city.

"Calli, can I tell you something random?"

Calli: "Don't see why not."

"My dad once had a year where he was into anime and manga. One of his favorite series had some great moments on buses like these. Until the anime came out and he was outraged like the rest of the fans."

Calli: "What happened?"

"They got rid of the character development and replaced it to be more of a comedy with what they thought fans were more interested in."

Calli: "Wow. Goes to show you should stay faithful to the material."

"Yeah. Dad told me that the one who suggested removing the original story actually had a few disturbing letters sent to him."

Calli: "Interesting talk about your dad. Mine just has fun when he's hanging out with his friends. I mean, he does sometimes watch movies with me when he's home, but not much."

"I still love my dad."

Calli: "Me too."

The bus arrived at the city, and the two of you went to check out if there's anything new. Calli took you to an apartment complex that she watched from afar.

"What is this place?"

Calli: "This is where me and my family lived before we moved to your town."

"It looks nice."

Calli: "It was where I streamed most of my videos."

"Sometimes I find it interesting that you were closer than I expected when I first got into your streams."

Calli: "Well, now live across from you and we see each other every day."

You nodded, and you continued traveling through the city. You had fun and took pictures of everything you did together before returning to back home. Calli texted her friends the pictures she took of her time in the city.

"I'm just going to be sappy. I'm really glad that got to meet you."

Calli: "Me too."

She embraced you in a hug, and you looked at her and smiled.