memory #4

October 13, 2011

"Yah, I can't wait to get out of this hell-hole." Tae groaned as the teacher droned on about how the Japanese affected Korea when they took over, a topic that left most students disinterested from the amount of times they've studied it.

"Just ten more minutes and we can head over to the ice cream parlor. I heard they give free ice cream if it's your birthday." whispered Jimin excitedly.

"Do you think they give it for free for company?" whispered Areum. The other two shrugged and continued playing tic-tac-toe, leaving Areum to sigh in boredom alone.

The clock ticked slowly.

Tick

Tock

Tick

Tock

Tick

Tock

Tick

Tock

Ring! Ring! Ring!

Areum shot up from her desk top and stuffed everything in her bag, watching Tae and Jimin do the same in her peripheral vision. She slung her bag on and grabbed Tae's and Jimin's hand, ran outside the classroom and said, "There's this new ice cream place across town, let's go there!"

Jimin, struggling to catch up with Areum and Tae due to his bag still being half unzipped, exclaimed, "Wait, what if they don't give it for free!"

"It doesn't matter, we're still getting ice cream." Tae rolled his eyes as they reached the front gate of the school.

"But it tastes better when it's free!" he whined.

"Yah, shut up. Your big mouth is slowing us down. Come on, we're gonna miss the bus!"

They sprinted to the bus stop and got into the bus just in time before the doors closed.

"Sorry, sir!" They frantically bowed and paid for their tickets.

Taehyung stepped in front of them and easily cleared a path for them due to his height. They all took their seats at the very back of the bus and put their bags on the floor, slumping on each other out of exhaustion.

"So, what's this place called?" said Tae after a second of catching their breaths.

"Seong's Bingsu or something like that, I don't really know. But I've seen a lot of good reviews on it, so-" she shrugs.

After a few minutes of silence, Tae exclaims. "Our boy is sixteen now! Yah, you're so old, Jimin-ah!"

"Shut up!" Jimin shoves Tae.

"Shut the fuck up, I'm trying to rest. I barely got any sleep last night." some adults eyed her apprehensively at her language. 

"And whose fault is that?" Jimin mutters, rolling his eyes. Areum kicked him in the shins, eyes still closed and head against Taehyungs muscular shoulder.

Jimin eyed the two suspiciously, a small fire burning in the pit of his stomach as the sight. He tried shaking the feeling away and took a small nap, following Areum's example.

Tae, who had noticed both of his friends asleep, pulled out his phone and played video games on it the rest of the ride.

They had finally reached their destination and bowed to driver in thanks and walked away. 

"It should be here somewhere," said Areum, looking down at her map again.

She took a sharp right, Tae and Jimin following her like lost puppies. She smiled at the giant words on the building in front of them spelling out "Seong's Bingsu"