memory #5

April 10, 2015

"Are you here yet? The results are gonna be posted soon!" the irritated voice of Mina rang through the boys ears as Taehyung held the phone away from them. "Areum's already here, you guys are gonna miss it-"

"We're almost there, Mina, calm down." said the equally irritated voice of Jimin. "What's the gate code, I keep forgetting."

"Yah, Park Jimin, you asshead. How many times do I have to tell you? Why can't-"

"Mina, just tell us the gate code, please. We don't want to miss it." sighed Taehyung.

"It's one, three, nine , five. Now hurry up, we have only ten minutes!"

"We're her-" started Taehyung, but Mina had already cut the call.

Jimin backed into the driveway of Mina's home and got out of the car, Taehyung following behind. He moved to ring the doorbell before the door flew open and two pairs of hands wrapped around the boys and dragged them in. They were pulled upstairs into the pale pink room they've become familiar with, and thrown onto the bed. 

"Get your laptops out, we have to hurry!" said Areum, a tone of panic in her voice. 

The boys quickly logged in and placed their laptops next to the girls' and took a seat in between them, squishing them all on the couch due to their well-built shoulders. 

"Stupid ass shoulders, when the hell did they get so wide?" complained Areum, but Jimin shushed her as the timer blared a large, red five, and then a four, and then a three, a two, and finally a one. 

They hastily refreshed the pages and checked the status of their applications. They all leaned close to their respective screens to see if what they're reading was actually true. 

Areum, being the first one to digest the information, looked up with a wide smile, only to see Jimin reflecting the same one back to her. 

"I got in! Jimin, I got in!" she squealed and jumped out of her sitting position to jump and clap in excitement. "I can't believe it! What about you?!" she looked at him with anticipation. He got up and stood next to her, and then nodded. She squealed even louder as she jumped into his open arms and he spun her around in pure happiness. She released him from the hug and said, "I can't believe we're going to college together. Imagine how excited our parents are going to be! Do you think we can choose who to room with? If we can, I'm going to write you down. And then we can decorate it and it's gonna look so pretty and-"

He smiled even wider and said, "I can't wait, Ari. God, I'm so excited." He hugged her again, "I can't believe it." He released her form the hug and looked towards Taehyung and Mina, who were watching the celebration between the two with a big smile.

"What about you guys? Did you get in?"

"I did!! I got in!" Mina squealed, and Areum ran to her with the tightest hug she could manage, before turning to Taehyung.

He had a sad smile on his face, one that screamed bad news. Everyone quieted down in deflated anticipation and held their breath.

Jimin hesitated, "Did you get rejected?" The room was silent with bated breath.

Taehyung deeply sighed, "Unfortunately, no. I'm going to be stuck with you guys for another four years." he smiled widely, as the silence turned into a mass of cheers and congratulations for one another.

Areum pulled everyone into a hug and said, "I'm so happy. I can't wait. I love you guys, so much."

She pulled everyone in tighter and released a sigh of content. 

These were gonna be the best four year of their life. 

______________________________

yes i'm alive don't worry