7. Exit Signs

E-X-I-T. Exit. Four letters combined to form a single, simple command. It glows with a sort of harsh bright red light. Oh, how intimidating. I ignore it. My journey continues.

But I can't help but notice the eyes of the denizens who run this human race as I do. The expressions on their faces are so malicious, so filled with contempt. My eyes avert their gaze. It's as if all their eyes are red, red like the harsh red exit signs. Eyes so merciless. They don't say "stop", they don't say "slow down". They simply say "Exit" "Leave" "Go away" "You don't belong here!" "We don't want you!" How rude. I ignore it. My journey continues.

The highway is a little bit slippery. All the rain starts to fall with severity. I shift uncomfortably in my seat, and grip the steering wheel tighter. I flinch at every drop of rain as if it's acid, and burnt my flesh down to the smallest grains of sand or specs of dust. Never the less, my journey continues.

Sirens! Loud, thunderous sirens boom in the distance. Flashing harsh red lights illuminate the gray atmosphere. They rush me. Their vehicle swerves close, too close. I slam the breaks, but then I press the gas again. "Pull over" he say. Ha! How frightening. I ignore it. My journey continues.

Boom! Sounds like fireworks pierce through the air. Fireworks with no color, no beauty. Just sound and pain. They pierce my tire. How tedious. I ignore it. Until I fall off the edge, the edge of the bridge, and I crash down. My hands grip the wheel, tight! Tight! And before my eyes, I see it. E-X-I-T. In such harsh light. It offers me a second chance, a second life. If I take this, I can escape... How boring. I ignore it. My journey ends.