Part 5 | It's not over

"Maybe it was just a coincidence..." Chan started again but Minho slammed his hand against the table of their room once more.

"Seeing the same kid, and then seeing Jisung interact with him, was more than a coincidence!" Minho said, standing up and breathing heavily. He looked shaken up and tired even.

They were back in Korea now, and it was 3 days after the incident. Minho hadn't been able to sleep peacefully and when the members asked why, he kept telling them about a voice that told him that death was coming after them.

"Maybe we should take Hyung to the doctor..." Jeongin said, giving a look of worry to Minho who shot him a glare. Minho's eyes were wide and his breathing was still unsteady as shook his head frantically.

"It's not a coincidence! I saw everything that happened! I don't need a doctor!" Minho yelled and then grabbed the tablet from the table and showed it to them. It showed news about the body of a burnt child; the same one Jisung was fond of, found dead.

"This isn't a coincidence and I don't think it's over!" Minho said, his hands trembling as he placed the tablet down and sat down on the floor, letting a shaky breath leave his lip.

"Maybe it is... maybe we survived it..." Hyunjin said softly, causing Minho to look at him and sigh.

The older looked at his trembling hands.

"Don't you feel this sick feeling? Like something bad is going to happen to you...?" Minho asked, looking at his hands as his breathing was quick as it had been for the past hour.

The rest of the boys were silent, not knowing how to react.

After the incident, they were a little shaken up even if it wasn't at Minho's level.

They didn't think much about it, but they felt that luck was on their side. That was the total opposite of how Minho felt.

While the other members wanted to celebrate their survival, Minho was uneasy about something bad occurring all over again.

After all, they cheated death. And now, it's only a matter of time until death finds its way back to them. But they were oblivious. 

A few more days passed and they were preparing for their music video shooting at a set for their next big album release.

Over the past few days, everything seemed normal. Nothing particular happened.

Even Minho was feeling a bit at ease now.

The boys were on set, preparing for their group choreography while waiting for Felix who was on his way.

Chan was discussing something with the director, humming and listening to what the woman was saying.

Changbin was acting playful around Hyunjin like he always does, and Hyunjin was trying his best to not cringe at all the lovey-dovey lines the younger threw at him.

Jeongin was teasing Seungmin about the outfit he wore since it showed off Seungmin's abs for the first time. It was part of the surprise they had for their fans.

Minho sighed, feeling a bit calm and relaxed in this atmosphere he was used to.

Maybe they really did escape it.

Maybe he was really worried about nothing.

Or maybe, death just wanted him to not expect it.

A flicker around the room caught Minho's attention and he looked around. No one else in the seemed to notice.

He furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at the huge overhead lights around the set and then notice that the one above Chan was flickering oddly.

Minho's breath hitched, bringing him back to the nervous and panicked state he had been in during the previous days.

His legs moved without him even knowing, and his heart jolted when he saw that as soon as the director stepped away from Chan, the light breaks off before falling down.

Minho pushed Chan away and both of them fell onto the floor an inch away from the heavy overhead lights that shattered onto the floor beside him, some of the shards going into Chan's legs.

Chan hissed in pain and his eyes widen when he saw the heavy lights right where he stood a few seconds ago.

If it had fallen on him, he knew he'd be crushed. He knew he'd be gone.

All those promises he made to his fans; that he would be there, that he would always be someone they can talk to, that he'll protect them; they could've all been broken if he wasn't pushed away.

"C-Chan..." Minho's voice was shaky and his arms trembled as he stood up and helped Chan up.

"Is that a coincidence?" The younger asked, almost tearing up.