Part 12 | You can never be ready

On their way back, they decided to bring some water for the rest of them but didn't bother wasting money on food as neither one of them had an appetite to eat.

Minho walked ahead, and Jisung was behind when all of a sudden Jisung felt his shoelaces untie. He didn't stop to tie it, however, knowing that the traffic light was right about to change.

They both got to the other side safely and Jisung was right about to step on the sidewalk when he tripped on his shoelaces, but luckily got stopped by Minho when the older man grabbed the back of his jacket.

When Jisung opened his eyes, his face went pale as he saw a large sharp nail placed up on the sidewalk, a centimeter from his forehead. Had he fallen on it with that force, there wasn't a doubt that it wouldn't have killed him.

Minho's eyes widened too when he noticed the nail. He helped Jisung up and kicked the nail away. He turned to Jisung who looked at him, frowning.

"You said I was before Hyunjin! You lied!" Jisung scoffed, pushing a finger onto Minho's chest, pushing the older back a bit.

Minho pushed Jisung's hand away, frowning at him.

"You were. I don't know what just happened! But you were!" Minho said, and Jisung shook his head irritatingly before looking into Minho's eyes again.

"You die last, don't you... Are you trying to mess with us so it never reaches you!?" Jisung raised his voice, pushing Minho back a little and the older felt his soul shatter when he heard the question.

The other boys came over just then, seeing that the two were arguing.

"Answer m-"

"Yes.. I die last. b-but no! I'm telling the truth!" Minho said, stepping closer to Jisung who pushed him away again.

"Then what was that!? A detail you forgot to mention!?" Jisung yelled, crossing his arms.

Minho scoffed, looking right at Jisung. "For the love of god Jisung, how am I supposed to know everything!? Or anything!?" The older yelled back.

"It's your vision!" Jisung yelled, stepping closer to Minho.

"Then believe me!" Minho screamed, his voice cracking as the faucet in his eyes just breaks as he stepped closer to Jisung.

Before Jisung could push Minho again, Seungmin intervened, pushing the two aside, away from each other.

"What is wrong with the two of you!?" He was in tears as he looked at Jisung and then at Minho. "Do you really want an argument to be the last thing you do with each other!?"

It was a simple question, but it stung Jisung and Minho hard. The two looked at each other, slightly tearing up as they quickly stepped closer, embracing each other as tight as they could,

Jisung hid his face in Minho's chest, apologizing a thousand times while Minho did the same, caressing his hair.

Right now, being in each other's arms, they realized how vulnerable they were.

They realized that, no matter how long you want to keep a person with you, death will do them apart.

While the two males hugged, the rest of them felt a little more at ease. They could even smile a little.

Everything seemed to light up for a moment, but then, all of a sudden, that little light was put out in a matter of seconds.

A loud honking sound was heard and they saw a truck heading there without any control. Cursing, Minho threw himself and Jisung out of the way, and Seungmin was barely able to push Jeongin and himself away too.

Changbin and Chan were a safe distance away already. The truck passed by, and everyone thought they made it without harm... until they realized the back of the stuck was open.

As the truck got off the sidewalk, the bumping motion caused a heavy tin to fly out and they were all able to avoid it...except Seungmin.

They watched in horror as the tin collided with Seungmin's back with great force, cutting right through his body. Seungmin's lower half fell onto the ground, his other half also nearby, a stunned expression on his lifeless face.

"Seungmin!!!" Jeongin screamed and covered his mouth in horror as he stepped away from the body that bled onto the ground.

It was a horrifying sight, and he was shaking due to shock and fear.