Part 17 | Boomerang

Once the door closed and the two were out, Minho let out a shaky breath, closing his eyes. He then openned them and saw how the single light that was on, was flickering eerily.

The countdown had reached its end.

Death, the final destination, was close. Very close, and he got goosebumps, knowing it was coming.

Minho stood up from the bed, making his way to the bathroom quickly and turning on the lights. Even the warm tinted lights of the bathroom flickered as if it was a warning that something terribly bad was about to happen.

Minho thought of all the possibilities; it was endless.

It would be tragic. It would be painful. He knew it would.

But what if he pays death a visit early like Hyunjin did?

Unlike the younger, however, Minho did already reach his time.

Minho sighed, opening the cabinet and taking out the razor blade from a packet that was inside. He walked over to the bathtub, sat inside, and looked at the blade. It was like something in his ears whispered to him to do it.

With trembling hands, he brought the sharp blade to his neck, stopping at his Adam's apple as the lights flickered unusually quickly.

Minho closed his eyes, inhaling and exhaling, deciding to just get it over with, when all of a sudden a hand took the razor blade from his grip, startling his eyes open.

"Fuck you!!" Jisung yelled, getting into the bathtub and hugging Minho, not caring whether his jeans were getting damp due to the small amount of water in the bottom of the tub.

Chan ran in a few seconds later, panting.

He had tried to keep Jisung outside like how Minho requested- but eventually, Jisung came back.

"Jisung... I t-told you not to.." Minho choked on his words as he held Jisung tight, allowing the younger to cry on his shoulder, making his clothes wet with a river of tears.

"You died because you couldn't stay up in the water in your dream... I didn't want you to die... because you couldn't stay alive... right now" Jisung said, sniffling, making Minho freeze up for a moment.

He thought he was outsmarting death- but in reality, it was exactly how it was supposed to happen. It made sense.

So does that mean... he survived?

Did the three of them make it out? Do they get a chance to live peacefully now?

Minho looked up, noticing how the lights were no longer flickering.

Everything seemed... normal all of a sudden.

"We made it.." Minho said, tearing up as he chuckled "We... actually...-" He then wrapped his arms even tighter around Jisung who still hugged him.

Chan smiled with teary eyes, realizing that Minho escaped death again.

All three of them did.

But was it really the end?

Suddenly, the lights started flickering again, and out of the blue, the head shower on one of the walls was thrown into the air as high-pressure water spilled out.

At a great speed, the shower head flew right at Chan's head, hitting his head from the side with such a great force that it snapped his neck to the side, dropping him down on the floor.

The showerhead left a crack on his head and blood gushed out of it on the floor while Jisung and Minho watched in horror.

Chan... was supposed to be first.

Minho, last.

Minho escaped death...

And Chan was death's new target all over again.

Boomerang effect.