74| Forever (Sexual content 18+)

Alyssa
_______________

🔥 A/N This chapter contains sexual content only suitable for older readers. If you skip it, you won't miss any of the storyline.🔥

The warmth of his mouth envelops me, and without a second thought, I reach up and gently wrap my arms around his neck. My fears about Justin fade as the space between us closes. Whichever genius said home is not a place but a feeling is right; this is where I belong.

Pulling Max closer, I tilt my head for a deeper kiss, clutching his t-shirt tightly. It's stupid, but part of me feels like he'll slip away as soon as I let go, so I don't. Both hands stay on him, one exploring his chest under his t-shirt, the other gripping his neck.

"Fuck," he breathes against my mouth, his voice low and strained. "I've missed you so fucking much."

I close my eyes and kiss him again, the huskiness of his voice only fueling my desperation. He presses into me, wrapping his hand around the back of my head and clenching my hair in his fist. A breath escapes my lips, the quiet frustration between us making everything twice as intense. It's been so long since we've touched like this that neither wants to waste a second.

My hands wander over him, torn between his back and chest, hair, or face. I end up touching everywhere, desperate to soak up every square inch because, god, I've been starved. Max returns the favor, sliding his hands down my hips to my ass and grabbing me in his palms.

I sigh against his mouth, stuck between wanting to rush to the best part and wanting this part to last. Max pulls back a little, his dark gaze traveling over my face, drinking every little detail. When he's finished, he takes hold of my face with a ragged breath, switching between kissing and looking at me. After everything that's happened, he's scared I'll slip away, too.

Determined to prove him wrong, I tighten my arms around him. He smiles against my lips, igniting the most intense flutter in my chest. Oh, how I've missed that smile.

"I'm never letting you go," he promises in my ear. "I hope you know that."

I trace my nails along his tense back, watching his jaw tighten. "Good," I murmur, pressing my lips to his. All I want now is to taste every inch of him, to feel his wandering hands on my skin; all I want now is to love him.

Somewhere between kisses, I decide we need fewer clothes and start to remove my pajama pants. Max intervenes, sliding them down my bare legs and discarding them, then sheds his t-shirt. Soon, he's before me in just his jeans, his chiseled chest bathed in firelight.

I wait for his heavy, dark eyes to meet mine before saying, "Those too."

"Yes, ma'am." In one swift motion, he slides off his jeans, tossing them aside before leaning over me. My breath hitches; the lack of clothing means I can feel every inch of him through his boxers, prodding the band of my underwear.

I lift my hips until he's positioned between me, wondering if he can feel my wetness through the fabric. One look at his face, the way his body stiffens, and I know he can feel every drop. His gaze runs over me, jaw muscles tensing like it's taking every ounce of his strength to take things slow.

More is all I can think of right now. I need more. I yank Max closer, brushing his cheek with the tip of my nose, savoring the feel of his skin. My lips find his ear, nibbling and sucking until he lets out a rough, unsteady breath. "I love you, Max O'Connor," I whisper, and his notions about taking things slow vanish.

He slides on top of me, lifting his mouth away from mine to bury it in my neck. I feel myself shudder, the scent of his rich cologne sending a lashing of heat between my thighs. His mouth comes hot and fast in my ear, softly grazing the skin. "Say it again."