The Bottom

In Houston's 3rd Ward, a child did reside,
In the shadows of "the bottom" just off McGowen Street, where hope often hides. Previn, a young vibrant soul, in a world so unfair, witnessed abandonment's ugly sting, felt life's heavy wear and tear.

In the heart of the city, where despair found its home, amidst the chaos of life, where darkness did roam,
He saw faces lost to addiction's cruel snare,
Felt the weight of their pain, the burden they bear.

In the alleys and corners, where dreams went astray, Previn, a witness, to life's disarray.
A childhood marred by the struggles he'd share, in a world filled with loud silence, where nobody seemed to care.

But within that young vibrant heart, a spark softly glowed, a resilient spirit, a seed that was sowed.
Though surrounded by shadows and nights cold and bare, Previn held onto dreams just wanting a family to genuinely love him, with an agape love and courage so rare.

In the depths of despair, he'd eventually find his own way some day, a path to a future where brighter skies lay.
For despite all the darkness, the pain he'd endure, Previn's heart held a fire, a determination genuine and pure.

Through trials and tribulations, he'd rise above, a testament to strength, a symbol from the universe above.
In "the bottom" of 3rd Ward, as a young child he eventually found his own light, a ray of hope, in the darkest of night.

For even in chaos, when it seemed no one cared, Previn's resilience, his spirit, life would make him prepared,
That in the face of adversity, he would dare,
To rise above, to inspire others, to show them what could be down if only they dared. - P.