heart rate|b.c. (AU)

Practically a soulmate AU, where you are born with the first words your soulmate will say to you tattooed on your ribcage.

-♡-

Bojan fell head first on the soft mattress, his eyes locked with y/n's, both breathing heavily, absolute passion and affection adorning their features. He moved a hair strand away from her face, giving his girlfriend a small smile as he moved on his back, motioning y/n to lay her head on his chest, their favorite sleeping position. She gladly accepted the wordless offer, planting a small kiss on Bojan's chest with a smile. That smile quickly fell as her fingertips started tracing the word on her boyfriend's ribcage. Stranger. Couldn't be more random but couldn't be more far that what y/n had told him the moment they met two and a half years ago during university as well. Which made y/n get lost in her thoughts, like she always did when this damn tattoo reminded her that no, Bojan is not your soulmate. You might love him more than anything, he might love you more than anything but you will suffer because you are not meant to be.

"Don't do this baby. This whole soulmate thing is just dumb" Bojan said, also trying to convince himself that they will prove this stupid rule wrong,  eventhough he had let the tears run freely from his eyes as he would stare at the dumb Ice Cream tattoo when y/n would fall asleep. She sighed, her fingers staying still between the a and the n of his tattoo. This put a small smile on her face as she recalled the fiasco a year before. A shirtless Bojan laying down and y/n pinpointing his every rib, analyzing their types and categories, him balancing between being ticklish or turned on with her touch 'Here, between the a and n is your 11th rib, did you know this rib is false and atypical?' she began mentioning what made each category different than the other. Bojan had interrupted her monolog, simply stating 'You are gonna be a great nurse', a proud smile adorning his features.

"Don't try to prove that we will defy the laws of the universe Bojan. It is already as cruel as it gets, don't try and plant fake hopes. It's useless" she told him, as she felt Bojan's heart rate slowly increasing. "If I knew it would be you, I would have yelled ice cream at you, so we would be over it" he huffed as y/n once again tried to reason him. She didn't want to upset him, she didn't want to make him sad by losing his hopes, but she didn't want to crash into reality when the inevitable happens either. "I wish it worked like that Bojči, but you know that everything is already written" she hesitated finishing her thought. And apparently our love is not written to last for eternity.  Bojan knew what she implied without her mouthing the words, but didn't give up on persuading her that they will make it work, simply by never meeting their actual soulmates.

"The plan is simple love. You will never visit an ice cream shop in your life and if you see a person holding any type of ice cream, you will run away." he said matter-of-factly, which earned a loud chuckle from his girlfriend "Did it take you a lon time to come up with this plan?" she teased him as Bojan tickled her naked side. The silence that fell after this small interaction only sucked them deep into their thoughts and that didn't help at all, so Bojan decided to change the conversation's topic as fast as he could.

"Did I tell you where we will be performing our last concert of the year?" he asked her as y/n turned her attention fully at him. It wasn't an important topic, but it always caught her full attention and that was exactly what Bojan tried to do, succeeding from the very first second. "No, you haven't told me. Weren't you having a meeting for that matter today?" she replied as Bojan nodded and smiled "Kranjska Gora" he said as she looked at him wide eyed. "No way, I haven't been there since I was like four or five years old during winter break with my family." she stated as Bojan nodded "Same here, I had just started primary school when I last visited if I remember correctly. I made a new friend back then, but we lost touch the same day" he chuckled as he remembered the friendships you would built as a junior with a person you've never met before, calling them your very best friend and never seeing them again in a span of barely 5 hours. "Same here, I think everyone universally has the same friendship experiences as a toddler" she smiled as she told him about her dear friend she met while building a snowman.

Bojan's heart rate-90 bpm

"I had the worst lisp you could imagine, people barely understood me, I couldn't say the letter s or the letter r until I was 9. This boy approached me back then, I really don't remember our conversation, but I remember him giving me his blue scarf to add to my snowman, if you could call him that. I remember I was proud of my masterpiece" she chuckled as Bojan took a deep breath.

Bojan's heart rate-110 bpm

"y/n, you don't remember what the boy told you? No matter how hard you try, you don't remember at all?" he asked her, talking faster than usual which made y/n look at him cautiously. "What got into you right now? As if that is an important matter right now Bojan" she told him as Bojan shot up from his lying position and got a hold of y/n's shoulders, who followed her boyfriend's current sitting position. "Try and remember, please try and remember" he maniacally told her, as y/n tried to focus on his eyes "Bojan please stop you are scaring me" she whispered as Bojan quickly removed his hands from her upper body.

Bojan's heart rate-135 bpm

"y/n, didn't that boy scare you because you didn't know him and because he tried to offer you something so you yelled and ran to your mother?" Bojan frantically asked as y/n looked at him shocked "I haven't told you this story before, how do you know that? My mother had told me to never talk to strangers so I yelled-" she stopped talking as he heart rate started racing, matching the increasing one of Bojan. "You yelled stranger. You tried to, as half of the letters weren't easy for you back then. That boy looked at you puzzled, as his right hand got a hold of an ice cream cone, while he offered it to you. Your mom nodded and you approached again, taking the ice cream cone from the boy's hand and giving him a toothy smile." he shakily continued where y/n left from.

Bojan's heart rate-160 bpm

"That boy was you?" she whispered as she couldn't trust the power of her voice and the moment Bojan nodded, y/n buried her head at the crook of his neck, him holding her tighter than ever. "It was you, since day one, it was you. That small girl in front of me back then, that beautiful woman in front of me now. It has always been you" Bojan breathed as y/n couldn't trust her voice anymore, her tears pooling at Bojan's collarbone, her grip strong and firm. "I love you so much Bojan, I don't know what else to say" she mouthed, her voice below the volume of the most silent whisper. "No need to say anything, you said what you had to 20 years ago my love. I get to hold you for eternity, now with the universe's blessing" he stated as y/n chuckled, a sound that could calm Bojan even at the most stressful occasions.

Bojan's heart rate-90 bpm

-♡-

So yeah, that's the first one shot of the book, I don't usually write AU, but this idea was stuck in my mind for a really long time, and I don't think it breaks the limit of reality that much. I liked how this turned out, but I would love it if you gave me your opinion as well. You ideas for one shots are way more than welcome, you can always comment or even better send a dm, I would love to talk to anyone who wants to share their thoughts ♡ I am planning on writing an one shot for every single member, rotating, no one having more one shots than another cause we support equal rights equal fights in this book so yeah anyway lmao.