chapter four - ✩彡

i never really got thank to selen for the bear she gave me. i should text her. though, the last time we saw each other... whatever, it's not even that big of a deal. we're just good friends. i reached for my phone, about to text her before i realized that she had already sent me a message. it read and i quote, ahem, "(NAME) I NEED YOU HELP ASAP!!!" immediately, i called her thinking something was wrong.

ring! ring! ring!

"hello?" she answered.

"selen..! what happened?" i exclaimed.

"i need your help. big time." she stated, being very vague with whatever she needed help with.

"what is it? is it something bad?" i gasped.

"what? no. it's just.. can you just come over? please?" she sighed defeatedly.

"yeah, yeah, sure. i'll be there." i assured her.

i hung up and immediately jumped out of bed and got ready. "can't wear that. that's dumb." i told myself i searched my closet for something to wear. for as much clothes as i had, i just couldn't find anything to wear. also, why am i stressing over about my clothes? this is selen we're talking about. finally, i found something to wear and ran out the door to selen's place. she opened the door and quickly pulled me in without saying a word. "selen, what's going on?" i questioned, clearly concerned and confused.

"i need your help." she stated.

"with?" i asked.

"i have a date tonight."

"you? a date?"

"whaaat..? you don't think i could get a date?" she teased, dragging me into her room.

"no, no, it's not that. it's just.. you don't really seem like the type of person to go out on dates.." i replied back. "but i don't get why you need my help. i can't even remember the last time i went on an actual date so i doubt that i'll be able to give you any advice-"

"it's not that. i.. i don't know what to wear.." she admitted, uncharacteristically embarrassed. "i.. you're always so.. put together and you always look so pretty.. and i just wanna feel like that too.."

i felt a smile creep up on my face, my face heating up as well. "you think i'm pretty?" i asked, giving her a small smile.

"i- you know what i mean." she stammered.

"heh, okay i'll help you. where are you and your date going anyway?"

"he's taking me to the movies. then maybe out for dinner or something." she replied as she began rummaging through her closet for something to wear.

"who's your date anyway..?" i questioned, finding a seat on her bed.

"uh, some guy i met. i think his name was.. uh.." she paused, stopping to think of an answer.

"you forget his name..?" i face palmed. "do you even know this guy?" i questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"i don't know, he just sorta.. asked me out.. and i said yes." she paused before continuing. "because i felt bad for him.." she admitted sheepishly.

"selen. you can't just go on a date with someone just cause you feel bad for them..!" i exclaimed.

"i know, i know but i-"

"why should i help you get ready for this date then?"

"cmon (name), pleaseee..!"

i contemplated the thought of simply just refusing selen's pleads and just going home but, i knew i couldn't convince her to not go on this date. i grumbled, tossing my head back in annoyance as i finally gave in.