chapter two - ✩彡

tonight was the night of elira's sleepover! yes, a sleepover. is it childish for a bunch of college students to be having a sleepover? to most people, yes but to us it's a monthly tradition. every month we all meet somewhere and make a whole night of it. this month's sleepover is being hosted by elira. and why do we have these monthly gatherings you may ask..? well, with the stack of assignments we're constantly being given, it gets pretty overwhelming at times. sometimes we just need a night to do anything but work. a night to relax and unwind. that's why i suggested that selen should join us yesterday. the girl could definitely use a break from what she was telling me.

anyway, i needed to find something super cute to wear to the slumber party. i couldn't just show up in what i usually wear to bed, which is just an oversized t-shirt and.. that's it. so you see why i need something else. luckily, i'm prepared for tonight! i made sure to wash my pair of pink pajamas in advance for this special occasion.

 luckily, i'm prepared for tonight! i made sure to wash my pair of pink pajamas in advance for this special occasion

i hadn't even realized how late it was getting until i had glanced out the window. the sun was beginning to set. i quickly changed into my pajamas along with my bunny slippers and then i packed my night bag. i made sure to pack the essentials: toothbrush, toothpaste, brush, lipgloss, etc. after a quick double check, i walked out the door. i noticed people staring at me as walked to elira's. that's what i get for changing into my pajamas before i even got there. whatever. it doesn't matter anyway. well, it won't matter once i get to elira's, that is. now that i think about it, maybe i should stop calling it just elira's place, selen lives there too after all. maybe it's because i've always been much closer to elira than selen but, that all changes tonight! i mean, i did insist that selen join us. i guess that does make us sorta-friends.

and just like that, i reached elira and selen's apartment! i rung the doorbell and was greeted by a familiar face. "pomu!" i greeted happily with extended arms.

"(name)!" she greeted back with a big smile, also extending her arms to give me a hug. "come on, we're baking cupcakes!" she grinned, grabbing my hand as she lead me towards the kitchen. everyone was there. elira seemed to be reading off of a list from her phone.

"eggs?" elira read.

"check!" rosemi responded with a thumbs up.

"milk and butter?" she asked, not looking up from her phone even once.

"got it!" rosemi answered again with a nod.

"guys! (name)'s here..!" pomu announced to the three other girls. rosemi immediately ran up to me, greeting me with a hug. she's so cute! especially, with those cute, little pigtails. i decided to sit with her and selen while pomu and elira stood at the opposite side of the kitchen island.

"you got here just in time." elira began, "we were just about to start making cupcakes." she said, setting her phone down.

"i bought all of the ingredients!" rosemi bragged, posing with her hands on her hips as she flipped her hair.