2

Next thing I remember is waking up tied down on a bed. My first visions were blurry, but I could tell my surroundings immediately, it was Chloe's room. Something was off, blood was smeared all over the walls, guts on the ground, bones. Bones? What would she be doing with bones of a zombie? Whatever she was always weird anyways.

I looked to my right and was immediately knocked out of my subconscious state. Ashtons stupid face staring into my soul with a big goofy grin.

"I hate you." I muffled through the fabric in my mouth.

He said nothing, just smiled at me still.

Suddenly the door swung open, and I had almost forgotten the situation.

Chloe walked in front of us, waving her shotgun in our faces. She pulled the cloth off our mouths and took a big step back. My legs were tied together as well as my hands behind my back, Ashton was in the same situation.

Chloe started to speak. "Trinity! So good to see you.." She let out a hearty laugh, ending in a small Mona Lisa like smile. "Who's this ugly guy."

Ashton grunted. "You ain't the best looking girl alive either!" She laughed at this, then turned to look at me.

I was unresponsive, I honestly didn't expect her to be here. I started to look around at the limb filled room.

Chloe followed my eyes and started to point at the parts with her gun. "Oh, that." She scratched her head. "I wasn't expecting company or I would've cleaned up." She let out a sad kind of laugh.

I finally decided to speak up. "I'm sorry I never came looking for you. But, I didn't want to find you dead."

She smiled. "I'm not mad." As she spoke she pulled out a knife, I gasped.

"Relax." She said.

She started to cut the binds off me and Ashton and we both sprung up immediately, scrambling to our feet.

"So, about Ducas..?" Chloe looked down. "I know it's pretty stupid I still call him that but uhh, I could never get used to his real name."

I brushed my pants off. "What about him?" I was clearly on edge, and she knew it.

"He uhhh...." Chloe made a head cut off gesture. "Bleh.."

I looked at her blankly. Ashton looked disgusted, in an amused way.

Her facial expressions went blank. "Did he die?!" She shouted, breaking the silence. It made me jump a little.

I scratched my head. "Oh, no."

This surprised Chloe. "Woah." She laughed to herself. "Got a camp?"

I thought a moment, I couldn't bring her back. I wanted closure, that's it, then id leave. Lucas would kill me for bringing her in, but I didn't know who I should put over who.

I made a quick decision. "No, just me and Ashton." I felt immediate sorrow, like I betrayed her, but I couldn't bring her back, she was my best friend but I knew how she was, Lucas was really right, I didn't want to admit it.

I thought it was done but suddenly Ashton spoke up. "What do you mean?" I furrowed my brows at him and shook my head, but he continued to talk. "Yes we do! It's great there, I mean if you would rather call it a resort I would too but like, I know tents aren't the fanciest, but it's amazing nowadays." Me and Chloe's eyes widened as he went on and on. He wouldn't stop talking. "We've got the coolest people! It's better than school honestly, everyone is just so nice and awesome and I don't get bullied, oh wait. OKAY maybe I get bullied." He spoke faster than I could even register what he was saying. "People are so mean to me! Meaner than in school! People liked me in school, honestly you could call me popular. Back at the site they call me crazy, but I don't know they don't kick me out because I do everything for them, assholes. Oh, anyways, had to get some words out, I mean that cloth on my mouth was so unnecessary and you guys were having a moment and I JUST COULDN'T TALK!"