7

QUICK AUTHORS NOTE TO THE TWO OTHER RANDOM PEOPLE READING THIS:
Who are you people? LMAO this entire story is based on me and my best friends life except apocalyptic. Reading this without context makes no sense. Who the hell are you and what are you doing??

It's been a week, a long week. After the death of Isaac some panic set out amongst the group. Some residents had been wondering whether or not they should stay. Max had never acted like that before, it was strange. We had gone nearly two months with out one of our residents dying, all we had done was expanded, and now our own leader was killing us.

Amber wasn't doing well, she was distancing herself from the council, and really any of us. She didn't come to Isaacs burial, few did.

As far as the people knew, whatever Max did was the way, Isaac was a danger and it had to happen, so nobody left.

I didn't like it, but me, Chloe and Cole had grown closer. At first Chloe blamed me for Issacs death, but she was easy to forgive people. They kept me busy, we ran around, learning about each other, Chloe was still doing her community service work so we figured helping kept us busy. She had been angry lately. Chloe thought that Isaacs death still had purpose, she could get into council either way. Nobody was elected. It was always six members, not five, it just wasn't even. Whenever there was an emergency 3 stayed and 3 went, and that's how things were. But now, 2 stayed and 3 left. I didn't know why Max wouldn't elect anyone, Lucas wouldn't tell me.

I wondered if Amber was mad at me, or if she never pieced it together. Either way, it didn't seem like she was going to be talking anytime soon.

Me, Cole and Chloe were off walking around. Finished her usual chores, besides the pigs of course, we hadn't eaten meat in a while. Cole pushed Chloe to the side playfully, she glared at him. Something was weird about them lately, it was clear he liked her, it made some things less fun though. I hated being a third wheel, but it was better than staring off into space.

We started to walk past the museum as Cole harassed Chloe. I stared at it, such a grand building, I really wanted to be on council. I mean the plan would still end up working, just, Chloe would have to tell me what to do. I don't like to admit it but I'd probably listen, I wanted to be her friend, even if it meant trouble.

Max came walking out of the building, probably disturbed by the bickering between these two. I didn't notice much change in him, makes me wonder if he had killing one of his council members in him the whole time.

"Hey!" Max shouted out in a friendly manner, throwing his arms up like he was about to hug us. He started to jog forward.

He paused at our bland reactions, Chloe thought she'd never forgive him for killing Isaac, still she knew it was fair. Cole, he didn't know what was going on.

Max smiled a bit. "Well, lovely to see all you." He scratched his head. "But I need to talk to Chloe."

Chloe looked around in confusion. "Me?"

Max nodded and grabbed her hand which she yanked out of his reach. He walked her into the museum and the doors shut behind him.

Me and Cole waited for at-least 10 minutes before he even said anything. We sat on a bench, it had a stone pedestal next to it, engraved with information about what the hut used to be.

Cole swung his feet. "What do you think they're doing?" He spoke eagerly.

I shook my head "I KNOW what they're doing."

Cole looked to me with concern. "Hooking up?!"

He was so damn stupid, and so obviously in love with her, she'd never like him back, and it hurt to know that. "No Cole." He let out a sigh of relief and I raised my eyebrow. "I know you like her."