3

Lucas looked Chloe up and down. He sighed, "So that's where you two were."

Chloe bit her cheeks. I had no idea what she was thinking, and I did. It would've been really helpful in this moment.

There was a silence between us. Each were thinking of different things, it mostly came out to what was going to happen with Chloe.

Ashton perked up and pushed himself closer to Lucas, swinging his arm around his shoulder. "Hey come on buddy, I thought Max would let all people in. Everyone in need of help? I mean he actively searches for survivors himself." Lucas side glanced Ashton before pushing him off his shoulder.

I looked at him with hope. Maybe there was a chance he'd let this slide, and it would all be okay, he could do it for me... right?

"No." Lucas said without much more.

Everyone stood waiting for his reasoning for being bitter. But he said nothing.

I stepped forward, feeling confident. This wasn't a common feeling of mine, but everything was just going nowhere. "You don't get to decide, Max saved us, we talk to him."

Lucas squinted at me, tilting his head. "Really? This is all I ask for from you and you can't do it."

I will admit, that hurt me a little. He rarely spoke to me coldly, and if he ever did, he would apologize. But he was serious about this. It was embarrassing, how could he be that mad at her? That mad that he would rather send her off and have her die than let her in. I bit my lip, I had to make a decision. I looked at Ashton for input who just shrugged.

Suddenly, something I didn't expect happened. Chloe stepped forward, and stood in front of Lucas with respect.

"Okay, listen. You can send me away, but let me talk first." Chloe didn't mean that, I knew her. "Trinity is a special person to both of us, why can't you get it? It's simple really, you act like I'm some sort of Hitler. I'm just a girl who happens to be best friends with your girlfriend. So get over it." She looked up to think for a second. "I changed my mind."

Lucas's lip curled in anger and his gaze went cold. "About what?"

Chloe laughed to herself, covering her mouth with her hand. "It's just, you can't send me away actually. You know who can? The guy with power." She started to laugh even harder before pushing past him, walking straight into The Hut. She turned once more. "I'll be seeing him." She started to walk further into the base.

I stood there next to Ashton dumbfounded for a moment. I thought, no way she just did that. I quickly looked over to Ashton, my mouth slightly open, then back to her.

Lucas looked furious, staring at her parading through the inner walls. It's just, there really wasn't anything he could do about it, she could walk right if very well if she wanted. There was no law anymore, and that was that.

Still, I couldn't just leave her alone. I nodded at Ashton and we both started to walk swiftly towards her. When we caught up to her, Ashton grabbed her wrist.

Chloe yanked back at him. "What! I thought you were with me, ugly guy."

Ashton didn't appreciate this comment, he spat on her boot to which she screamed in horror.

"Be lucky you didn't get my dress." Chloe scowled.

Ashton gave a big smile. "Oh yeah?" He then spat again, this time on her pink sparkly dress.

Chloe grunted in annoyance, she gave him a look that probably meant something like "you've got to be kidding me" but she said no words.

Ashton tugged her towards central town. She gave up trying to fight back, and followed closely behind him, he still didn't let go. I walked behind also.