4

I wondered for a while, what max told her in there, that's what I thought about for most of the day.

Everything was going so fast, lots of information, and no time to process it. I wasn't used to this, it's funny, it seems like ever since Chloe showed up, things had been getting more... complicated.

Me and Lucas fought, a lot, over the past few days. I don't know, maybe I'd call it, friendly fighting? What's the word, a discussion, but not quite. It's just, he tried to be nice with me, I was pretty sensitive, I have to admit. I'm just glad he respects that.

It all scares me, with the two people I care the most about around, I feel lucky but, I can't help but think it makes me weaker. Less cold, probably why I wasn't chosen for council, I don't know if Max will ever like me, I'm just sort of, there.

A few days passed since Chloe first arrived, I'd been watching her, I didn't think she was too happy. She was never a community service type of girl, I was surprised she hadn't burnt anything down yet.

I honestly felt a little embarrassed for her, she went from eating people, to being an animal farmer, and she HATED animals. I never really got that about her, she had cats but never cared too much for them. Speaking of that, I never asked her, never asked what happened to her pets. Bean, Sissy, and Posie, were her cats. Sissy was dying, but the others were young. I'd like to think she didn't eat them too, I never saw any cat carcasses, so I figured id look on the bright side.

Every day, she'd start off her morning feeding the pigs, she hated the pigs. She told me she thought they were no better than the zombies, they'd eat her if she had the chance. That's one of the few conversations we've had, she was angry, I had tried to stay away from her in that state, she needed time to... process. Anyways, she told me about this one scene in a movie, "The Wizard of Oz," Dorothy falls into the pig enclosure and screams for help because the pigs were gonna eat her. She then proceeded to spit in the bucket of pig food she was holding.

After she fed the pigs, she fed the chickens, then the cows. Over everything, I think everyone is happy Max didn't assign her as a gardener, that was Ashton's duty, when he wasn't guarding the gate at night. It was common knowledge that Chloe hated gardening, one time her dad forced her because she hit her mom, and she broke out in itchy red bumps for a week.

Chloe got the rest of the day to eat, shower maybe. But she wasn't allowed to just sit around, a big rule of being limited is that your always doing something, thing is, she was lazy.

I stood around and watched her for a few days, then I figured that I could do something better with my time, so did Lucas.

Chloe noticed I was there, and when she noticed I was gone, she realized she was free. She didn't care if the animals starved, she thought this was her world.

She watched Lucas come up behind me, drag me away, talking. For the most part me and him were good now, and that made her angry.

Chloe brushed her pants off, and glanced around, making sure nobody was looking at her. She looked down at the pigs and rolled her eyes, opening her mouth slightly. She picked up the bucket with force and threw the slope all over the pigs backs and everywhere over their pen. She stared at them snorting and scrambling to eat the scraps. She scowled in disgust. The dry bucket dropped to the ground

As she was just about to walk away, one of the other pigs abruptly biy into the other, ripping its flesh off itself, the pig screamed out in pain, falling on the ground in pain. All the other pigs gathered around and started to feast on their fellow species. Organs flew everywhere, as the pigs faces were stained with the blood of their brother.

Chloe took a step back, her eyes widening, and her breathing quickening. It took a second, but the pigs realized that they were all food. After a while, every single pig was eating each-other, it looked like something you'd see in the depiction of hell. Each pig was trying to stand itself while ripping into the other, it was a cycle of eating and dying, and every single one of them was doing both. The screams were unbearable, it was about the best depiction of gluttony that Chloe had ever seen.