Convincing the gremlin:

The Sbi all called Tommy on a vc in discord when they saw he was playing Minecraft.

After a few minutes, Tommy actually answered the call.

Wilbur: Hey Toms!

Philza: Hey Mate!

Techno: Hullo!

Tommy: ...Hi...

Now they definitely know something is wrong. Tommy was always enthusiastic and loud when he joins calls like this.

Techno: You alright kid?

The rest of the call was shocked at how worried the man sounded. Techno never tended to show emotion to anyone.

Tommy: I'm fine. Thanks for asking though.

Techno: No problem kid. Just say if something's wrong. Ok?

Tommy: Ok.

Philza and Wilbur smiled at how worried Techno really was for the boy.

Tommy: So? Why did you call?

Philza: Well, Dream has decided that for a new video, we would all stay at a holiday house with everyone from the smp.

Wilbur: Everyone else has already agreed to go, now we need to know if you also want to go. Do you want to?

Tommy: ...I'll have to ask...I'm not sure if I can or not...

Everyone frowned with concern when they heard his voice crack and how he hesitated.

Techno: Toms? Bud? Can you turn on your camera please? No one is streaming, so don't worry about that.

Tommy: ...I'm not sure...I don't think you'll like what you see...

Techno: Please?

Everyone could hear just how heartbroken the man was. He just wanted to help the boy.

Tommy sighed before turning on his camera.

Everyone was confused and concerned because Tommy was in a hospital bed.

Tommy had eye bags under his eyes, messy hair, red eyes from crying and he was hugging a Techno plushy that Technoblade gave him.

Techno smiled a bit at how he was hugging the plushy that he gave him. But he also wanted to know why he was in the hospital and why he had been crying.

Techno: Why are you in the hospital?

Tommy: ...Do you really want me to be honest with you guys?

Everyone nodded, even Techno. Though he couldn't see Techno, he imagined that he was nodding.

Tommy sighed again and wiped his eyes before hugging the teddy again.

Tommy: ...I can't...Walk...

He said this with hesitation, dreading what his online friends would think.

The groups eyes widened and then saddened when they saw tears start streaming down the boys face.

They asked how and Tommy answered.

Tommy: ...You know the college shooting that came on the news? I guess you can guess what happened...It was my last day as well...I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to walk again...

Tears streamed down everyone's faces as they watched and heard the boy explain. The broken laugh at the end shocked them.

Tommy: Apparently, I've been in a coma for weeks. I just woke up today. The doctor said that my mum and dad had left me to stay in the hospital. They didn't want to pay for the hospital bills.

Techno, Wilbur and Philza: WHAT?!

Tommy: ...Yep...I guess they never really loved me...

Tommy looked away from the camera and to the window as tears fell from his eyes.

The group had never seen the boy look so broken. He was known for being optimistic and energetic. But now he looked tired and in pain.

The group stayed silent for a while to give Tommy silent comfort.

Tommy sighed for what felt like the hundredth time.

Tommy: What day would the video be? I'm sure I can find a way to get there.

The group smiled slightly as the boy smiled slightly at them.

Suddenly the door of the hospital room opened and a nurse came into the camera's view.

She was holding something and from Tommy's frown, it can't be good.

"What's that?" He asked with a glare. "Get used to seeing it. It'll be your freedom from now on." The nurse said as she slowly reorganised his pillows so he was now lying on his side.

The group then saw a wheelchair, this made them frown sadly at the boy.

"Why do you have to do that?" Tommy asked with a groan in annoyance.

"Well, if you want to be completely paralyzed, be my guest kid." The nurse said sarcastically.

Tommy sighed as he just let her do her job. "So. I'm not gonna walk again then? Thanks for answering that I guess." He said grumpily.

The nurse sighed sadly. "Sorry if anyone got you hopes up kid. I'm sure it won't be that bad." She tried to comfort him.

Tommy just nodded and looked back at his computer that was on the bedside table.

Philza: Mate? The video would be next week.

Tommy asked if he would be able to leave by then to the nurse.

The nurse nodded. "Only if you stop complaining and let me do my job. If all goes as planned, you can go home. But a nurse will have to go with you to make sure you have your medication and make sure you don't go stiff." She said with a slight smile and laugh at Tommy's expression.

Tommy's eyes went wide. "Oh come on! I thought when I left, I could do things on my own!" He said in annoyance.

"Sorry bud. Just another thing you'll have to get used to. I'll be back in a minute." The nurse said with a smile before she left the room.

Tommy huffed and looked back at the camera. "Can you believe this? I'm a big man! I don't need help!" Tommy said with his usual spunk.

The group smiled and laughed.

"I'm going for physical therapy in a minute. Want me to bring you along?" Tommy said to the group on the laptop with a grin.

The group nodded with smiles. Tommy laughed a bit.

The nurse came back into the room not long after.